Ethicon is looking for an Internal Communications Manager to join its Global communication team in Somerville, New Jersey or Cincinnati, OH. The successful candidate will be a member of the Ethicon Franchise Communications Team and manage internal communications on behalf of Ethicon, lead the development and execution of an internal communications strategy to ensure associates understand our business strategies, develop new tools and ideas to communicate with employees across multiple campuses (Cincinnati and Somerville) and manage Ethicon presence on internal portal (OneMD).
From creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures, Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues, and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treating serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. Learn more at www.ethicon.com, and follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The Internal Communications Manager will be proactive, resourceful, energetic and detail- oriented. S/he will perform many tasks in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment. The Internal Communications Manager will contribute to the team’s success by exercising professional judgment and determining and implementing appropriate solutions.
• Leading the development of an internal communications strategy to elevate the Ethicon Innovation Story internally, helping associates understand the business strategy by delivering new internal tools and ideas across franchise social and digital channels (OneMD, corporate platforms, etc.)
• Providing support for the Ethicon Franchise Communications Leader on internal communications projects for the Ethicon Company Group Chairman
• Managing Ethicon presence on OneMD through coordination with Global Stakeholder team, develop, write and post stories to OneMD portal
• Coordinating campus communications for both Cincinnati and Somerville, including site specific Town Halls and onsite monitor systems.
• Overseeing the corporate contributions strategy and corporate contributions process for Ethicon
• Self-starter with proven project management skills, good judgment and demonstrated ability to solve problems is required
• Ability to write and present clearly and persuasively is required
• Demonstrated experience in program management, creating compelling stories, employing traditional, digital and innovative communications channels to raise visibility of key products, programs and successes is required
• Ability to understand and communicate complex business strategies and translate technical product information into easily understandable language is required
• Excellent strategic insights and strong judgment skills is required
• Ability to maintain perspective and bring positive attitude and encourage partnership discussions with strong professional presence is required
• Professional maturity and ability to work effectively across levels, functions, regions and backgrounds is required
• Ability to stay aligned with overall strategic direction while applying diligence and attention to detail in execution and reliably meeting deadlines is required.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism and/or Public Relations is preferred
• Advanced degree in Communications is preferred
• A minimum of eight (8) years of related experience is required
• Experience in internal communications is required. Experience in public relations is preferred
• Demonstrated experience with: strategic planning, employee engagement programs and supporting enterprise-wide programs is preferred
• Experience working in a global function and demonstrated understanding of global organizational issues with the ability to navigate ambiguous situations is preferred
• Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and matrixed environment is required
• This position is primarily located in either Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH and will require up to 5% domestic travelPrimary Location
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOther Locations
North America-United States-Ohio-CincinnatiOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.