Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson &
Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an R&D Summer Co-op,
to be located in Somerville, New Jersey.
The Ethicon business
offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures,
hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic
mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive
surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal
and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and
obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market
leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation.
Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years
ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform
the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
The summer co-op position is being offered by
the Wound Closure Research & Development group that supports Ethicon.
The Co-op will:
responsible for contributing to an R&D project team in the design and development,
of surgical sutures, surgical devices, and related products and processes.
in research toward new product or process development or development efforts
toward improvement of existing products or process. This may include chemical
synthesis, material formulation, analytical testing, or other characterization
work, development of prototype devices and their characterization.
inventions, new designs, new processes and techniques to solve technical
problems based on customer needs.
- Perform hands-on laboratory work
and documentation in laboratory notebooks, writing test protocols,
conducting tests and generating final reports.
- Collaborate with scientist & engineers and
support project related activities
Co-op rotations are available starting in
the Summer (May - Sept) 2016.Qualifications
- Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree
in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Polymer
Science & Engineering or related Engineering/Science/Technical
- Candidates must be enrolled (not necessarily taking
classes) in an accredited college/university during the Co-op
- Completion of some coursework with a polymer materials/engineering
focus is highly preferred.
- Only students who have completed their freshman year or above
will be considered.
- Candidate must be considered a student during the Co-op session
(i.e. will not have already graduated college).
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
and not require future sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B
status) now or in the future.
- Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week)
during the co-op session.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus
programs and/or community service activities is desired.
- Co-op positions are located in Somerville, New
Jersey. Ability to commute to/from this work location is
- A stipend will be offered to students that meet
the commuting distance eligibility requirements.
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function