Position: ETL Tester
Duration: 18 months
Start Date: Early December
Top Skills: SQL, Teradata or Oracle, Unix
This person will be part of a 3-person test team and responsible for testing the ETL and Data Warehouse in an Oracle, Teradata environment of up to 20 different source systems of a marketing group for a retailer. The ETL tools include Ad Initio and Informatica and they run Microstrategy.
Technical competencies include:
* 5 or more years of hands-on experience Testing in a Oracle OR Teradata Data Warehouse environment required.
* Strong Experience in SQL programming and performance tuning experience is required.
* 5 or more years experience in designing the Test Strategy, writing Test Cases and Test execution activities for Data Warehouse Environment.
* Ability of handle Defect triage and Release activities.
* Experience in Data Quality, Source Systems Analysis, and Business Rules Validation.
* Understanding of data integration best practices in data warehouse environment.
* Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
* Would require working with business users, understanding requirements, and training them on data retrieval from Oracle / Teradata.
* Ability to work independently and multi-task to meet critical deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
* JIRA experience is a Plus.
* Control-M experience is a plus.
* Development Experience with Informatica Powercenter and Ab Initio is a plus.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.