Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
The Workforce Planning Analyst is responsible for short-term forecasting and schedule optimization across the Contact Center and other supported organizations in order to meet service objectives. This includes skill management, routing strategy/work distribution, and proactive scheduling of out-of-channel activities. The Planning Analyst works closely with the Real Time Team to ensure schedule efficiency and achievement of intervals within target range. This position also supports cross-functionally to provide workflow scenarios, facilitate shift bid, and provide business intelligence to feed the long term forecast.
• Forecasts transactional volumes, handle time/productivity, and shrink to provide an accurate short-term forecast to the Real Time Team.
• Provides analysis and recommendations across varying levels of management to improve resource utilization and performance.
• Partners with Real Time Team to achieve service performance objectives.
• Facilitates Shift Bid Auction and PT Availability Process to ensure optimal schedule efficiency.
• Maintains an accurate database of historical information on absenteeism, productivity, service performance and staffing adherence to support the short-term forecast.
• Serves as a subject matter expert for Workforce Management software.
• Identifies Continuous Improvement opportunities in daily work, providing recommendations on how to support and implement solutions.
• Utilizes Standard Work and documented workforce policies to provide partners with a centralized knowledge source.
• Position requires a Bachelor's Degree or 4 years of equivalent business experience
• Experience with workforce optimization software (e.g., NICE, Impact 360, IEX), and ACD technology (e.g., Avaya, Cisco)
• Minimum of 2 years' experience utilizing workforce optimization tools and processes
• Experience within contact center environment preferred
• Highly developed problem-solving skills including conducting root cause analysis, documenting results, and providing recommendations
• Must be able to provide clear and concise recommendations in a rapidly changing environment
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills across multiple levels within the organization, including the ability to influence, negotiate, and escalate unresolved problems or questions
• Strong technology literacy skills to assist in the understanding of systemic architectural routing and network systems
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Project management experience is a plus
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.