Event Content Manager Department Name:
Event Marketing Department Description:
The Corporate Event Marketing team is responsible for delivering Oracle's vision, strategy, direction and innovation through a variety of worldwide events ranging from Oracle OpenWorld, JavaOne and Oracle Develop to other large-scale events. These events target prospects, customers, developers and partners at all levels within an organization. The group's main objective is to produce the right event, with the right messages at the right time to the right audience. Job Description:
The Event Content Manager role is critical to the success of Oracle's flagship events globally. The successful candidate will manage the execution of content programs (sessions and demos) for multiple events. Elements of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Working with our vendors to define requirements for content tools; and manage testing and rollout of the various tools components
- Managing the timeline for content execution
- Working with key contacts to communicate internally and externally content milestones
- Working with product marketing and product management to define the content organization and allocation distribution
- Managing the relationship with track owners to build out the content and train on the content tools
- Analyzing venues to determine content capacities and work out optimal content layouts
- Overseeing the onsite session and demo execution to ensure a successful content program
- Analyzing content statistics (attendance, surveys, demo scans, sessions distribution) to understand how to improve the program year over year
- Benchmarking against and analyzing best practices within and outside of the industry.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in tools requirements definition and testing new functionality in software
- Ability to juggle competing projects in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Effective communication across all levels of the organization
- Lead cross functional teams in the tasks that are needed to execute the program
- Understand the priorities of Oracle and balance them with outside demands
- Ability to look at both the larger picture as well as the smallest of details
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and successfully influencing people and organizations who are not directly managed by this role
- Proven experience in a managing projects involving multiple organizations
- Thorough understanding of event content requirements, and the tools needed to manage content
- Experience with high-volume events with audience size ranging from 500 to 50,000
- Excellent verbal and written communication and persuasion skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, attention to detail and focus on results
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm and commitment
- Flexibility and ability to work in a dynamic environment and willingness and openness to learn
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, fast-moving and challenging environment
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, occasionally on short notice.
Project manages diverse event portfolio and event marketing team.
Project manages diverse portfolio of corporate event types ( seminars, executive roundtables, sponsorships) with specific teams mapped as event type specialists. Drives alignment of messaging and overall strategy; helps to ensure that the right event is delivered to the right audience at the right time. Drives creative thought process and continuous evaluation and refinement of Oracle*s event marketing portfolio. Provides management with reports and analysis on program efficacy for future program selection and budget allocation. Provides effective performance management: set clear goals for all staff, provide regular feedback on performance and conduct a formal appraisal at the conclusion of the fiscal year. Manage the activities of the staff according to overall marketing strategies and budgets. Implement organizational changes in line with changing business and market.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced business skills in area of event production and design. 8 years relevant work experience. Software business management experience. Marketing experience in the IT industry. Proven ability to manage budget, approval processes, resource allocations in terms of both people and money. Professional credentials in Marketing, Academic credentials desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.