Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Technology organization within Visa, Inc. is responsible for all systems, technology and processing platforms, networks, and the development required to support the business demands of the company. This global organization has a workforce of approximately 7000 Technology professionals (FTE, Consultants and Contractors), and operates in multiple locations including California, Colorado, Virginia, Texas, Singapore and Bangalore.
Technology Business Management is focused on providing business operational services to enable the Technology organization to work efficiently and innovatively. Our wide range of services includes managing the Technology annual plan, portfolio management, executive reporting and analytics and internal activities that support employee engagement, as well as new initiatives supporting the Technology organization's success. Job Description
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for executing Technology-wide employee engagement programs and initiatives (or components thereof), both ad-hoc and recurring. The position interfaces directly with cross-functional leadership to understand requirements and expectations and to communicate plans, status, etc. The environment is fast-paced, and quick and effective action is required to be successful. Execution includes collaboration across groups both within and beyond the Technology organization and negotiation with 3rd party vendors who may be engaged to accomplish our goals. Multiple, concurrent initiatives and events require focus and initiative to execute them successfully. We are looking for someone with a passion for both planning and execution, and who works effectively as both an event lead or team member. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of executing successful staff events, be self-motivated and highly organized, and foster positive internal and external relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Executing Technology-wide events both leading up to and during live delivery, including: collaborating with stakeholders; coordinating supporting teams; facilitating rehearsals; executing run-of-show; and staying on top of details every step of the way.
- Establishing or contributing to comprehensive plans for Technology initiatives that engage and inform our global Technology staff.
- Partnering with key Technology and cross-functional stakeholders to drive event aspects, including scope definition, creating accurate and inclusive estimates, developing project plans, identifying dependencies and risks and executing with a high degree of accuracy.
- Keeping supporting groups informed and focused.
- Producing proposals, status and other documentation for presentation to senior management.
- On-the-spot problem solving.
- Strong process orientation and demonstrated knowledge of event/project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices.
- Effective leadership qualities; ability to influence others effectively without direct authority; experience managing conflict to achieve project goals; transparency with management and stakeholders.
- Strong team player; ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional business relationships, both internal and external.
- Superior organization skills; ability to multi-task; show initiative and work aggressively to meet deadlines.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills; effective and confident presentation skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Good judgment and common sense; excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and solution-oriented, s olid analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changes in priorities, work demands, roles and responsibilities.
- Experience engaging, negotiating with, and managing vendors.
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate protocol; high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience with managing information and access within SharePoint.
- Survey Monkey (or similar tools) would be beneficial.
- Experience with Audio/Visual options and solutions as well as general technical savvy would be a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required (business, communications, or related major)
- 5-8 years of relevant experience managing complex, multi-stakeholder engagement initiatives or projects in a corporate environment, preferably in the Payments and/or Technology industry .
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.