Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
We are looking for a CFO Front Office teammate who will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, team-oriented, executive-suite setting.
The Event Management Specialist will operate under limited supervision in applying comprehensive knowledge of event planning and execution to organize internal business meetings and events with the goal of supporting enterprise and Finance division strategies.
This role provides daily administrative support to the Finance Chief of Staff (CoS) and, on a backup basis, to the Chief Financial Officer.
The incumbent will partner with the Finance Training Program Manager to assist with training logistics and to cross-train. The incumbent with also partner with our Finance Communications team member to assist with SharePoint updates, content curation and coordination, meeting scheduling. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
#LI-VN1 Qualifications: EDUCATION
- Develop and execute plans for internal and external employee and customer functions, symposia, conferences, programs, receptions, parties, and executive meetings and briefings. Collaborate with business areas to ensure events meet business objectives.
- Manage all aspects of events including site selection, event calendaring, budgets, vendors, catering, printing, audio visual support, transportation, seating, decor, and entertainment.
- Advise on invitations and guest lists.
- Troubleshoot complex vendor or logistical issues.
- Review promotional and meeting materials.
- Identify economies to reduce expenses.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries.
- Document business processes and procedures. Ensure compliance with the firm's policies and procedures.
- May perform complex projects or participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Perform administrative duties including but not limited to calendar management, phone coverage, meeting materials preparation, booking travel, PowerPoint deck/Word document/Excel spreadsheet preparation and/or review, supply ordering, expense reports.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience with multitasking and interacting with all levels of an organization.
- Prior experience coordinating on-site meetings, trainings and conferences is required.
- Prior experience coordinating and setting up meetings for an executive audience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience providing administrative support including managing calendars, booking travel, providing phone coverage, etc. is required.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to consistently apply sound judgment and discretion.
- Adaptability and flexibility to take on new tasks and work styles and to learn new applications.
- Ability to work independently while knowing when to ask for help.
- Willingness to share knowledge while being a good learner and teacher.
- Professional presence appropriate for an executive setting.
- Intermediate skills with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, SharePoint and OneNote/OneDrive
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.