Event Marketing Strategist
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing North America Marketing team. The Event Marketing Strategist will organize and ensure the smooth operation of key marketing events, from planning and budgeting to implementation and reporting. This includes third-party and Oracle-led events-from intimate networking receptions, to co-sponsored webcasts, to major trade shows-that generate leads for our North America sales teams. Key Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of program and events specialists to evaluate the events calendar for each fiscal year and assess new ideas
- Take ownership of assigned events, including budgeting, planning, forecasting, execution and follow-up with sales teams
- Collaborate across business units (Product Marketing, Product Development, Go to Market, etc.), as well as with content marketing and campaign strategists, to align around messaging, event format, and goals
- Coordinate with program managers on pre -event promotions, on-site branding, and outside vendors
- Lead post-event communications with sales and digital teams to ensure proper and consistent lead flow
- 6 years in an event strategy/specialist role, preferably within Marketing
- Strong understanding of communications strategy, marketing and branding principles
Proactive, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong collaborative and relationship-building skills
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and best practices for event planning and promotions
- Basic understanding of lead generation and flow within a B2B organization
- Expertise in managing projects across various, regionally distributed teams
- Experience working across departments, with leadership, and with external agencies to guide event strategy
The Oracle Experience
Big things are happening here at Oracle. As the Cloud leader, we offer the broadest suite of Cloud solutions-and we're introducing new services every month for 400,000 customers worldwide. Innovation at this level starts with our employees: we look for creative people with an entrepreneurial spirit ... those who see new possibilities and welcome new challenges.
Oracle employees enjoy industry-leading compensation and benefits, a flexible work environment, educational opportunities, and work/life tools to balance professional and personal goals.
If you're looking to elevate your career-and have fun doing it-you've come to the right place. Travel Component:
Approx. 15% travel within the United States and Canada may be required to successfully fill this role. Position Location:
Highly prefer candidates based near Austin, TX, Dallas TX, New York, NY or San Francisco, CA.
Role is based in North America and requires close coordination with virtual team. Open to considering candidates based in any US or Canada location; will work remotely from home office or in regional office as part of virtual team. Be part of the innovation!Qualifications:
Project leader of a team of event producers who develop and execute event marketing programs.
Meets with Product Marketing, Product Development, Field Sales, Field Marketing, Channels, and other internal groups to evaluate event objectives and requests and provides a recommendation for overall event strategy which maps to stated objective. Engages in research and competitive analysis to achieve an understanding of industry events and event strategies by topic area, audience segmentation etc. Researches market conditions which impact/influence event content and messaging such as social, economic, demographic and political factors. Develops overall strategy for event demand generation. Engages with Product Marketing, Development, and Programs Teams to develop and refine messaging and creative for invitations, web sites and other external and internal communication vehicles. Tracks and measures return on investment (event) through analysis of leads and impact on sales pipeline. Tracks trending of events by type (size, audience, seminar vs. c-level) and refines event strategies and overall event portfolio based on trending.
Job duties are varied and complex, independent judgment needed. Will have project lead role. 5 years relevant work experience. Marketing experience in the IT industry. Knowledge of budget, approval processes and resource allocations. Professional credentials in Marketing, Academic credentials desirable. Past experience in event production and design needed.Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.