The Event Planning Specialist position within the US Commercial Meeting & Event Services department is responsible for the meetings aligned to our franchise stakeholders. This role is responsible for flawless execution of meeting logistics from inception through completion, including onsite management. This role will encounter a variety of types of meetings including: advisory board, investigator meetings, convention management, launch meetings, and leadership meetings.
Specific responsibilities required for the logistical planning and execution of meetings and conventions:
- Strategic business partner with the franchise and responsible for oversight of all meetings, including:
- Understanding their objectives of the business and how that drives the conventions and meetings.
- Annual planning calendar, annual budget development, on-going budget tracking, and maintaining quarterly business reviews to insure accurate meeting forecasting and meeting service level expectations.
- Oversight to all meetings to insure those planned by other event meeting specialists are managed consistently and have high level overview of status if contacted by leadership.
- Manage the execution with preferred management companies for meeting logistics, air travel, production/experiential, and exhibits.
- Lead the search for venue's appropriate for meetings and contract according to company guidelines.
- Review registrations websites for attendees to refer for meeting information, as well as register requirements for housing, badges, travel, etc.
- Review working documentation that highlights all logistical specifications.
- Develop comprehensive budget for entire meeting and insure approved, planned within, and final costs and savings reported.
- Project Management of the meeting providing timeline of deliverables and owners to set expectations for all parties involved to adhere to.
- Set planning conference calls and maintains ongoing communications to ensure communication between Stakeholders, Content Agency, and Meeting planning.
- For conventions, act as direct point of contact with convention associations. Review and communicate Healthcare Association guidelines and policies as outlined in their prospectus to stakeholders, including making recommendations for sponsorships.
- Review company policies and be an expert on compliance guidelines surrounding planning to the intended audience and Sunshine Act. Insure reporting is completed on-time and accurately.
Meeting assignments will be determined based on the complexity and time requirements. Scope of meetings may require a team of planners to execute and it will be required for this position to play a supportive role to other team members.
Travel required, not to exceed 20% of annual hours
- 5+ years meeting planning experience required
- Preferred candidate will have experience with healthcare industry and experience with advisory boards, investigator meetings and conventions
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of computers/systems required including skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, and Outlook
- Candidate should have demonstrated proficiency with online meeting registration tools, specifically Cvent
- Ability to multi-task and independently manage time
- Must have strong customer service focus, able to manage deadlines and be detailed-orientated
- He/She should possess experience working in a customer-facing role with proved conflict resolution abilities
- Excellent oral and written skills required to effectively communicate with high level executives and physicians
- Must be a team player and flexible with providing cross support to fellow team members
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.