As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Sponsorships and Events team is chartered with providing a single point of accountability for the development, oversight, and execution of brand sponsorships and events. We are seeking an Events Manager that will be responsible for the execution of T-Mobile USA event programs which includes trade/industry, consumer, press and media-related events. The individual must have knowledge and experience in event marketing and management with an understanding of how to execute events in support of brand and business growth. The role will responsible for the event execution process including planning, creative development, execution, measurement, and communication of such events. This person will be responsible for executing events that support T-Mobile's brand, business, and communication objectives. The role will work cross functionally with multiple internal departments, properties, agencies, leadership.
- Understanding of how to execute a brand vision and message through events
- Proven experience executing and managing events on behalf of big brands
- Proven experience working with cross functional teams and agency partners
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to develop and deliver clear and concise briefs
- Understanding of event logistics and technical production
- Ability to think critically and react quickly and calmly in high-pressure situations
- Ability to multi task and work on more than one event at a time
- Bachelor's degree in event management, marketing, communications, business or a related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in developing and executing events on behalf of big brands.
- Experience executing events across all targets (trade/industry, consumer, and media) a plus
- Must be able to attend events, possibly including holidays and/or in excess of 40 hours per week, and 30-40% travel per year
- Must demonstrate strategic and creative thinking abilities and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, able to consistently meet deadlines; strong interpersonal skills, willingness to accept and provide direction, flexible in change, ability to work independently while remaining a team player
- Telecom experience a plus
- Management and execution of events. Partner with Senior Manager Events on an as needed basis.
- Support and grow relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Help manage event agency
- Help prepare and present plans to managers and key stakeholders
- Establish key performance indicators, measure, and deliver results
- Manage and understand event budgets
- Create post event debriefs and assist in event budget reconciliations
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.