- Manage seamless, cost-effective meetings and events, including but not limited to: planning, budgeting, expense management, conference approval, site search, venue selection, negotiation, contracting, invitation process, coordination of conference registration, database management, food & beverage, banquet event orders, vendor sourcing and management, staffing, schedule of events, air and ground needs, dinners, activities and basic knowledge of audio visual.
- Manage all aspects of the room block with hotel and colleagues including; room types, number of rooms blocked, rooming list changes, arrival/departure deviations, upgrades, VIPs, staff rooms, attrition penalties and other room block obligations - including peak and shoulder nights - based on venue, dates and historical attendance data.
- Manage ongoing vendor relationships with hotels, restaurants and other vendors.
- Manage development of event communications such as online information, invitation emails, and onsite push notifications.
- Analyze and maintain year-over-year registration and meeting data, identify improvement opportunities and recommend solutions to improve operational efficiencies.
- Manage conference sponsorship agreements, logistics and requests for information
- Lead on-site management at major events and conferences to ensure a seamless experience
- Research and identify new conference sponsorship and speakership opportunities
- Maintain strong customer service skills, approaching the work with a friendly, energetic, approachable, motivated, and calm/patient demeanor at all times.
- Add value through strategic thinking to support the bigger picture goals of the Corporate Events department.
- Be an ambassador for the Nuveen brand. Have a complete understanding of the brand identity and positioning, be able to articulate that clearly to internal and external partners, and be a willing instructor to business partners as they develop their understanding of the brand.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary, travel required.
- Be prepared and willing to evolve with the role as business needs and industry techniques change.
- 2-5 years experience in event management
- Self-directed, self-starter, and motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with A/V for events
A little about us: