Job Description: ABOUT ALLIEDBARTON SECURITY SERVICES
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry's premier provider of highly trained security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, residential communities, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, and shopping centers. AlliedBarton provides superior security officer services to protect people, homes and businesses. The most honored security services provider, AlliedBarton consistently delivers exceptional service which creates a differentiated experience for clients and the people they serve. More than 60,000 employees and 120 offices serve thousands of clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships. AlliedBarton is headquartered in Conshohocken, PA, and has been American owned and managed since 1957. Overview
Is it time to stretch your imagination, expand your employment opportunities and join one of America's premier security organizations? Check out AlliedBarton Security Services for the first time or again - maybe this time to update your application on our new career site!
Consider what we have to offer...
This posting is not for a specific opening; we are building a database of qualified candidates for future opportunities. That being said, positions open up all the time, and this database will allow us to be more proactive in acting quickly on our search. If a position opens, we will use this database to begin our search.
- A core purpose - To Serve and Secure the People and Businesses of Our Community - that reflects our focus on security, the public and our neighbors.
- A large client base, providing all types of positions and environments across the country in which our employees are responsible for the safety of the facilities they protect;
- A variety of careers and career starters that directly relate to our core purpose - Security Officers, EMTs, Fire Fighters, Control Room Operators - and award winning training to help you learn and grow;
- Career paths and promotion opportunities into supervisory, management and support positions. (It's worth noting that many of our senior executives, support staff, managers and supervisors started their careers in our entry level positions.)
The officer application process provides opportunity to tell us the type of work and environment you would prefer. When a position opens up, we will first review those applicants in our database whose preferred type of work and abilities match the opening.
Because operations positions in the company can vary greatly, we encourage you to visit our employment site often to review specific requirements for new opportunities you have identified. Responsibilities
People in operations positions at AlliedBarton Security Services perform many tasks throughout their shifts; these tasks may include patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle, working at the entrance to the facility and answering phones, greeting guests and employees and monitoring closed circuit television systems, alarms and other very important facility systems.
Our employees act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions at or near assigned post which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site. Essential Functions:
Security officers may be asked to perform a variety of essential functions at the facility they work at. Although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
- Greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner.
- Answer s questions and assist s guests and employees.
- Remain s flexible to ever changing environment; adapt s well to different situations.
- Patrolling the facility on foot or in a vehicle.
- Answer phones, monitor closed circuit television systems and alarms.
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
- Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites.
- Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
- You may be required to take additional certification training, such as becoming certified to carry OC sprays, drive bicycles, operate Segway's, etc.
- Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience is beneficial
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Successful completion of AlliedBarton's Master Security Officers Basic (Level 1) Course.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiate AlliedBarton. Recognized as a training leader, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture helps our employees grow personally and professionally.
Are you daring enough to be a leader who sees challenges as an adventure? Embark upon an exciting career journey and Dare to be GREAT
! Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us!
For additional information, please visit our website at www.AlliedBarton.com .
AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Requisition ID: 2014-1223
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.