HOUSEKEEPER - ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
(Work Schedule - PRN / as needed for 3rd shift - late evenings/nights
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Director and/or the Supervisor, Environmental Service Technician I is responsible for Environmental cleaning and disinfecting. He/she performs a variety of routine cleaning functions as assigned, to maintain a sanitary, attractive and orderly condition throughout all areas of the hospital. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Medical City Lewisville
- Dust or wet mops floor and vacuum carpets. Dust and clean furniture, fixtures, windowsills, vents and related furnishings.
- Cleans and polishes mirrors, glass partitions, doors and similar interior glass surfaces. Scours, cleans or polishes water fountains, bathtubs, showers, lavatories or other fixtures and walls, counters, or other surfaces.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies of paper towels, soap and other items from storage.
- Disposes of refuse in specific containers as required (i.e. Bio-Waste) and regular trash.
- Operates mechanical equipment, such as vacuum cleaners and other carpet cleaning equipment after appropriate instructions.
- Cleans custodial equipment and storage areas. Arranges cleaning supplies, and requests needed supplies for Supervisor. -Reports broken or inoperative equipment to Supervisor.
- Collects and places soiled linens in laundry collection area.
- Constantly on the lookout for areas that are not clean and demonstrate initiative to clean them.
- Must be able to work harmoniously with a variety of individual personalities, often in a high activity environment.
- Demonstrate consistent use of safety measures associated with chemicals and equipment.
- Demonstrate his/her responsibilities for fire, emergencies, and disasters after appropriate instructions.
- Greets patients and visitors courteously and professionally.
- Participates in the departmental quality improvement process.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
is focused on providing high-quality care to our community - we can prevent, diagnose and treat a variety of medical conditions. Our team is dedicated to providing family-centered care with our talented team of healthcare professionals, technology and customer-friendly environment.
Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour emergency services. We are licensed to accommodate 186 patients. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you - our treasured patients - with the highest quality health care in a comfortable and compassionate setting.Qualifications: Education:
- Environmental Services training helpful.
- Must be able to read signs, labels and notices.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English.
- Prior Environmental Services experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Integrity to work with confidential information.
- Ability to follow established cleaning procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle stress.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be committed to quality service and patient care.
- Ability to anticipate needs of the patients and employees.
- Ability to work around patients during emotional periods.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected needs of the department.