With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Process Technicians in the Exceed Business Unit will be cross trained to operate all equipment in the area, as listed below. As needed throughout the day, the Process Technician will be required to effectively operate each segment through automations' controls and Human Machine Interface (HMI). Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Set up, process, and operate the equipment and their respective support equipment utilizing the Packaging Unit (PU) and/or HMI (when assigned). Monitor and maintain uptime, performance, and exceptions utilizing the Packaging Unit Controller (PUC) and Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Ring Molding
- Vision System
- Tray Loading/Unloading
- Leak Detection
- All conveyor integrations and conveyance
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Utilize Lean tools (BPMS, Suggestion, 6S, PDCA, etc.) to increase or maintain the effectiveness of operation.
- Troubleshoot the entire system for loss of flow on the production line and assist in determining Root cause and analyses (RCA).
- Utilize SAP and MES to process all orders and confirmations
- Current: Utilize paper batch records (MMIs) to document all relevant production data as required per specifications.
- Future: Utilize MES and PUC to address any and all prompts to include all Batch Record Recording (BRR), Cleaning Orders, Exceptions, and Critical Faults
- Review Docs (EBR, BPMS, 20/80) to keep up on production status and direction
- Maximize efficiency and utilization of resources for effective performance
- Work with support groups (Plastics, Weigh/Mix, Warehouse, Quality Control, etc.) in regards to material supply and movements to include up and downstream processes
- Assist Management in tracking production performance factors such as raw material usage, direct labor performance, indirect costs, waste, and areas needing improvement.
- Under the direction of Management, train, instruct and guide employees in the proper operation and performance of job duties, to assure that good manufacturing practices and standard production operating procedures are followed most effectively.
- Perform adjustments and minor repairs.
- Recommend changes to operating procedure to improve quality and efficiency.
- Maintain area in neat and orderly condition as specified by Shift Supervisor utilizing 6S.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Extensive knowledge or experience with operations of automated systems.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs (MS Excel, MS Word, etc.)
- Soft Skills: Self Driven, Leadership / Mentorship, Accountable, High Level of Enthusiasm, Ability to work independently and in a team, Positive Attitude, Analytical Thinking, and Good Communication.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Job Training and Experience: One year exposure to mechanical, hydraulics and/or electrical and automated systems. Experience with SPC and computer based monitoring and control systems.
- Formal vocational or technical training preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Work in other areas as assigned.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Work in a manufacturing environment, exposed to moderate degree of noise at intervals throughout the shift (ear protection required).
- Highly automated mechanical equipment (safety glasses and safety shoes required).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.