Exception Handler, Mail Service (024128) (Job Number: 024128)
CENTRAL PHARMACY OPERATIONS - 8350 S River Pky
8350 S River Pky
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Walgreens is an equal-opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Job Responsibilities
- Resolve Exceptions/Issues in a timely manner.
- Release exceptions from the PROMISE system.
- Work with client systems to access on-line eligibility.
- Identify and communicate issues to the Group Supervisor and/or Call Center Pharmacists.
- Telephone communication with Plans, Processors, Patients, etc.
- Other duties as needed such as assisting with Order Entry, Registration, and Outbound Call Center.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred (But not required):
- Certified Pharmacy Technician or must become a certified Pharmacy Tech within 2 years of becoming a licensed trainee.
- Must be able to type 35 WPM.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- The ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work various hours, including evenings, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Minimum age 18 with GED or High School Diploma.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Working knowledge of PROMISE and INTERCOM Plus.
- General knowledge of Third Party plans.
- Microsoft Excel and Word knowledge.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.