This position can be filled in any US location.
The Exec Dir Oncology National Accounts will lead the National Accounts Team focusing on large Oncology Group Purchasing Organizations, Hospital Systems, and select Integrated Delivery Networks focused on ensuring access to Amgen's innovative oncology medicines. Experience negotiating multi-million dollar contracts and strong financial acumen are required. Strong coordination and teamwork in driving brand initiatives with payor team responsible for non-oncology hospital and integrated delivery network targets. Accountable for National Account Directors ensuring appropriate product coverage and sales attainment across the Amgen portfolio while providing strategic insight into the future of health care delivery.
• Effectively lead the execution of the National Account Director team through direct management. Develop business plans using core strategies that set strategic direction for field sales staff and conduct staff meetings.
• Insure development and execution of segment business plans. Analyze national and regional coverage and identify opportunities to expand coverage that is consistent with FDA approved indications and CMS guidance.
• Serve as key interface with V.P.CAPRO, BU Value Access Director(s) and COBU Marketing. Input into the development of the POA in conjunction with customer marketing. Input, design, execute, and measure customer specific marketing programs.
• Lead and manage the field leadership team to maximize performance by establishing and upholding field business standards and individuals accountable for results. Hold Directors accountable for delivering the POA. Creates and implement professional staff development by working in concert with Training. Establish appropriate recruiting and retaining methodology to ensure ongoing expansion efforts. Conduct annual department HR segmentation and review and monitor on-going performance methods by team and ensure appropriate compliance.
• Create, adjust and monitor compensation; supports personal development and experience, supports and rewards those who increase the business, the company image and the business relationships based upon which future growth can occur.
• Oversight of the contracting process to enhance business analytics and maximize investment by making timely business recommendations.
• Communicates business issues and opportunities on an ongoing basis to senior management; integrates corporate/marketing strategies into the organizational plan and structure; participates in the formulation of brand strategic plans and vision setting.
• Anticipate trends, challenges and opportunities for the division and develops plans in advance of change
• Works with Field Sales Leadership and BU Access to create successful business opportunities to enhance Amgen products.
• Develop and maintain key executive relationships with key customer base.
• Manage Resources (Budget & T&E)
• Enhance internal teams understanding of private and public payor reimbursement through creation of business reviews.
• Doctorate degree & 6 years of healthcare product sales experience, OR
• Master's degree & 10 years of healthcare product sales experience, OR
• Bachelor's degree & 12 years of healthcare product sales experience, AND
• 6 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
• 10+ years of healthcare product sales experience
• 5+ years sales management experience
• 5+ years Account Manager experience
• Oncology Group Purchasing Organizations, Hospitals and Integrated Delivery Networks.
• Experience negotiating contracts with GPOs for oncology products and strong financial background.
• Understanding of ASP and corresponding physician office and hospital reimbursement methodologies with Medicare and Commercial Payors.
• Successfully leading a dedicated team through the strategic account process resulting in positive bottom-line change.
• Achieving revenue/market share target.
• Effectively implement change initiatives.
• Strong record of developing cooperative business relationships and building strong teams.
• Team leader with success in inspiring and leading cross-functional business initiatives.
• Masters or Ph.D
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
A little about us:
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.