Airgas is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. JOB SUMMARY:
Airgas is seeking an Executive Administrative and Billing Assistant to support the Senior Vice President and General Counsel in the Legal Department. The Executive Administrative Billing Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and billing duties and will also support the commercial, litigation and employment teams.
Administrative activities include calendar management, travel arrangements and time and expense management, invoicing, meeting coordination, and back-up support for other team members. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the General Counsel's schedule by balancing competing priorities and time-sensitivities.
- Maintain calendar, schedules appointments and meeting rooms using Outlook and Google Kite.
- Manage domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Coordinate meetings and external events as needed.
- Prepare and reconcile General Counsel's T&E reports in Concur.
- Answer general phone inquiries in a professional, courteous and helpful manner and appropriately handle phone calls, emails and requests for information.
- Utilizing Google (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Mail and Contacts) import, create, edit and update documents, presentations and spreadsheets in various file formats. Google lends itself to collaborative projects in which multiple authors work together in real time from geographically diverse locations.
- Utilizing Microsoft Office Suite 10, and the Adobe Acrobat Suite assist other attorneys in revising, proofing and finalizing Word documents, PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
- Open, close and maintain new and existing legal matter management matters utilizing Serengeti Tracker, an e-billing and matter management system. Coordinate with inside and outside counsel and business unit members to initiate legal matter engagement. Responsible for posting and coordinating invoice payments from law firms and vendors. Coordinate for the prompt payment of invoices to accounts payable and third party providers.
- Complete and submit expense reports in Concur for the General Counsel and other members of the legal team, when requested.
- Maintain and regularly update web pages on the Legal Department Intranet site (AirNet). Requires some knowledge of XHTML.
- Participates and assists with special projects and initiatives with other legal teams as needed.
- Collaborate with the other support staff, providing back-up support to other administrative assistants as needed. Prepare check and wire transfer requests. Sort, review, and distribute mail.
- Orders supplies and coordinate routine maintenance and repairs to office equipment as needed.
- Minimum three years administrative experience
- High proficiency and comfort using Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat Standard or Pro.
- General familiarity with or willingness to learn various cloud document sharing applications (e.g., Serengeti Tracker, Concur, Risxfacs, etc.).
- Must have strong interpersonal, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to make clear and timely decisions.
- Must display professional maturity and have ability to support and interact with all levels of management.
- Must be familiar with business technology including but not limited to web conferencing
- Experience working in or familiarity with legal profession preferred but not required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.