Executive Administrative Assistant to the SVP Middle Market Division, Sales & Field Execution WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of providing executive level support. Located in our NYC Park Avenue office, this position is a direct report to the SVP, Middle Market Division Executive of Field & Sales Execution.
Responsibilities of this position include:
Qualifications: WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Work with confidential/sensitive information and use diplomacy in written/verbal communication with high-level executives and internal/external clients, routinely.
- Assisting in preparation for meetings, including meetings with high-level executives and internal/external clients.
- Managing calendars by scheduling requests for meetings; will use appropriate prioritization and decision-making skills to resolve potential schedule conflicts.
- Organizing and assembling complex legal and other documents.
- Creating and maintaining computer records of relevant information.
- Typing, formatting, editing and finalizing documents, including correspondence and memoranda, in accordance with varying deadlines.
- Coordinating conferences, meetings, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Processing department expenses and assisting with client billing system.
- Assisting in training other administrative assistants.
- Assisting with and work on additional tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of accomplishment as a Executive Administrative Assistant, preferably with a minimum of 5 years of experience, to a Sr Business Leader, or similar capacity. Bachelors or Associates degree a plus. In addition, the following competencies and experience are required:
Behaviors at the Hartford
- A team player with excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills, and mastery in planning and organization.
- High proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite (including PowerPoint, OneNote and Excel including pivot charts), SharePoint and e-mail software.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Individual must possess a high level of initiative and be a self-starter, self-directed, highly motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work on multiple assignments simultaneously, prioritizing as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability and success in an environment with changing priorities.
- Proofreading and grammar skills are important.
- Strong technical skills; understanding of data sources and ability to use systems to acquire the necessary data.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to analyze data and information to understand root cause analysis and solutions.
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Visit our website to learn about The Hartford's recognition. Information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com .
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford .
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford . WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more. Equal Opportunity Employer / Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Expression / Religion / Age ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD