• High School diploma with a minimum of 8 years of Administrative Assistant experience of increasing complexity
• Demonstrates knowledge in various software programs (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and experience with SharePoint team sites is key, also web conferencing, LiveMeeting, and database experience with the ability to learn new software in a timely manner
• Experience managing comprehensive international travel arrangements and significant complex major events
• Demonstrates the time management skills to plan manage and coordinate activities and major functions
• Additional depth of experience supporting senior stakeholders
• Demonstrates proficiency in interpersonal and team skills in order to interface internally and externally with personnel from all levels of the organization
• Discretion and confidence to deal with people at all levels, internal and external to the company with flexibility in working style
• Ability to work independently and without direct supervision
• Possess knowledge of department roles, management structure and inter functional relationships with other departments and related organizations
• Demonstrates attention to detail and decision making skills to respond to high pressure situations
• Experience dealing with highly confidential information
• Team player with the ability to gain the confidence of and cooperation of peers
• Polished and professional oral and written communication skills
The Executive Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for the Vice President R&D, Chief of Staff, HR Business Lead and potential other Senior Leaders. The incumbent will be responsible for project and administrative activities & play a key role in helping to establish and maintain a new global R&D Centre in the US. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team for an exciting and growing business with the world's leading vaccine organization.
• Manage regular interaction with various global departments and multiple leadership team interfaces. Organize meetings, prepare any necessary documents and take minutes on need basis. Manage agendas and associate sharepoint teamsites
• Full schedule management and coordination of professional schedules, including multiple leadership team meetings, and other decision-making forum and their associated team sites, agenda, and calendar invitations
• Planning, booking of travel arrangements for designated senior leaders
• Regular works with and/or access to sensitive/confidential information where a high level of discretion is required
• Regular contact with individuals at high levels within and outside of the business sector with the demonstrated ability to pass on instructions, advice, and obtain decisions or agreements in potentially sensitive situations
• Creation of systems and processes for visits, meetings etc
• Ensuring expense management for designated senior leaders
• Supports Operational On Boarding activities
• Administrative tasks needed to ensure employment of contingent workers for designated functions
• Supports administrative activities in designated projects
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.