Requires in-depth knowledge of operations, policies and procedures within the Company, a Business Unit, Segment and /or company. Works within established precedents and practices. Analyzes information to solve ongoing problems. Administrative jobs aligned to this band would provide executive support and work with highly sensitive and confidential material.Key Responsibilities
- Uses extensive knowledge of the Executive's priorities and business practices to proactively respond to daily issues/requests as authorized.
- Maintains individual calendars (electronic) and with little Executive input schedules/re-schedules appointments and meetings, using knowledge and judgment of the Executives priorities and business practices/procedures.
- Routinely, executes special research or continuous research and data analysis tasks and prepares reports/recommendations.
- Types and composes letters and memos, reports and presentation material using appropriate software.
- Screens phone calls and where possible, immediately deals with issues/requests on behalf of the Executive (as authorized) and records messages, or forwards calls to the appropriate person/department.
- Makes travel arrangements, via the Corporate Travel department.
- May coordinate special arrangements, such as tours for visiting VIPs, award ceremonies, conferences, or moves.
- Executes special research and data analysis tasks. Runs reports and ensures data accuracy. Participates in creating and/or creates departmental procedures and documentation. Performs other special project work.
- Has comprehensive understanding of a range of processes, procedures, systems and concepts within own discipline
- Has in-depth understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve shared and individual objectives
- May act as a lead for the team, may coordinate the work of others beyond own area. May provide subject matter guidance to more junior team members
- Resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions and applying methods, techniques, experience and precedents; exercises judgment within generally defined practices
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Has direct impact through responsibility for the quality of deliverables
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way
- High School Diploma/GED
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.