The Cloud + Enterprise division is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President. The Cloud and Enterprise (C+E) business is a fast-paced, growing portfolio business encompassing engineering teams building diverse enterprise products and services across Business Applications, Infrastructure, Enterprise Mobility and Developer.
The Executive Assistant will report to the EVP’s Chief of Staff and support the EVP as well as be the primary point of contact for all internal and external constituents including customers, partners, and press. The Executive Assistant also serves as the key liaison to the Office of the CEO and other senior executive teams. This exciting role requires strong collaboration skills, a high level of judgment, superior organizational skills, great attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and strength in navigating and juggling multiple priorities. Respect, integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with professionals inside and outside the company is important, as is a good sense of humor and perspective.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete work quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without always having the total picture.
Responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate and represent the Office of the C+E EVP to a wide spectrum of MS employees, as well as executives and employees from outside organizations.
• Manage and maintain EVP’s complex calendar on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis to ensure accurate scheduling and organization.
• Make decisions on behalf of EVP to ensure meeting requests meet with time management priorities and performance objectives.
• Coordinate domestic and international travel, including security and on-the-ground logistics.
• Manage budgets and expenses in a compliant and timely manner.
• Work closely with EVP’s Chief of Staff on aligning Rhythm of the Business processes and operations with EVP’s calendar and ensure tight coordination of EVP commitments.
• Coordinate scheduling and logistics for EVP’s staff meetings, All Hands, events and offsites, including venue selection, meeting details, and material preparation.
• Manage and maintain team aliases for EVP and C+E Organization. Prepare reports for the EVP as needed.
• Create a fun, team based environment across the divisions admins, as well as participate in hiring, training and motivating any additional vendor based admins.
• Maintain and publish C+E organizational chart and contact lists, and process personnel status changes and employee requisitions for EVP direct team.
• Arrange team morale events and coordinate broader division-wide morale activities (team tickets, etc.)
• Minimum 5-7 years of high level administrative and project management experience supporting a senior executive in a fast-paced environment.
• Minimum 3-5 years of scheduling experience managing multiple high level executive calendars, high volume clientele at Vice President level.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, anticipatory, and written communications skills.
• Ability to make independent decisions and to juggle multiple projects at once, in addition to dealing with ambiguity.
• Solid project-management and problem-solving skills.
• Must be assertive and have a high level of integrity and consistently demonstrate a positive can-do attitude with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism.
• Eager and able to work effectively under pressure with short time constraints and in relatively ambiguous and complex situations, as well as the ability to adjust direction in response to changing work situations.
• Able to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside group with varying levels of collaborators and accommodate working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups.
• Knowledge of corporate organization and ability to navigate it and knowledge of departmental business practices and tools is required.
• Experience managing administrative professionals, contractors, and vendors strongly preferred. Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Knowledge of internal Microsoft tools such as Headtrax, MS Expense, Travel, MS Market, etc. a plus. BS/BA degree preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.