Performs advanced, complex, and highly responsible clerical, secretarial, and administrative support work for the Executive management. Assignments require extensive working knowledge of the college and programs under the executive management's jurisdiction. Exercises considerable amount of initiative, independent judgment, and discretion.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs administrative support duties and participates directly in the work of the executive management staff member.
2. Plans, establishes, and organizes systems and processes to ensure a smooth flow of materials and information to and
from the executive's office.
3. Attends meetings and composes minutes.
4. Composes and prepares correspondence as required.
5. Performs research and retrieval of records. Assembles data and prepares reports on a routine or non-routine basis.
6. Plans, initiates, and carries out to completion recurring or special assignments.
7. Maintains executive's calendar. Schedules appointments, conferences, and meetings; prepares agendas; notifies participants; coordinates preparation of meeting and conference materials. Makes travel arrangements.
8. Establishes and maintains excellent working relationships with individuals at all levels within the college and the
9. Receives and screens phone calls; responds to inquiries and requests for information when possible.
10. Assists in budget preparation and monitoring, purchasing. and transaction reconciliation.
11. Establishes and maintains filing systems for both confidential and non-confidential materials.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by executive management or designee.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
2. Advanced secretarial training.
3. Progressively responsible experience involving staff assistance and advanced secretarial/administrative work which demonstrates the ability to work without close supervision.
4. Supervisory experience.
5. Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access [required].
6. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
7. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
2. Ability to operate within a confidential environment.
3. Ability to analyze a variety of administrative problems and to make sound recommendations.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
5. Ability to think critically, work independently and problem solve.
6. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; type/keyboard; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Employee must on occasion lift/move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.