McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is hiring an Executive Assistant in Richmond. The Executive Assistant will support the Compliance and Legal departments for McKesson Medical-Surgical.Position Description
Provides administrative support to executive officers. Requires thorough knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature. Collects and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and outside individuals. Prepares presentation materials for board of director meetings. Makes high level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
8+ years advanced administrative support experience working with senior level executives within and outside the company, customers, visitors, and other dignitaries.Critical Skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive experience providing high level administrative/executive support to corporate executives in a large organization
- High degree of flexibility, adaptability, confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to handle confidential information and exercise sound judgment is critical
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work under general direction, on multiple tasks with demanding timelines.
- Experience in arranging airline, hotel and car rental reservations and also expense reporting and management
- Event planning experience (small events)
- Strong organizational and time management skills are necessary to prioritize assignments and multi-task
- High proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional, calm demeanor and presentation, with strong interpersonal skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Experience working in a dual project-based and task-oriented role
- Paralegal or Legal secretary background or experiencing working in legal profession (understanding of subpoenas, contracts) would be helpful
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are strongly preferred
HS Diploma, Vocational Training, Professional Certification or Equivalent. An AA degree is preferred.Physical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.