Working in a high-volume environment, this position will be responsible for the direct support of officer level leadership. The EA role provides a broad range of strategic and tactical support to internal and external customers. Qualified candidates will be exceptionally organized, possess a strong work ethic, be highly collaborative, able to multi-task, and hold the highest level of professionalism and discretion. Prior experience supporting officer level leadership is required. Major Responsibilities:
- Compile and monitor daily schedules using outlook, and coordinate travel for all direct reports and other team members; complete travel and expense reports and maintain calendar of events, project deadlines and agendas. Review incoming correspondence for important dates, establish daily follow-up, compose response letters and assist with emails, calls, and other correspondence.
- Create and format routine and ad hoc reports, presentations, spreadsheets, and projects as requested. Must have a solid understanding of organizational structure to include region, area and district structures as well as corporate department structures; oversee changes or updates to region organizational chart.
- Ensure visitors are provided appropriate directions, lodging, and travel options.
- Directly manage, or forward to the appropriate parties, the proper resolution for customer service issues and complaints. Support customer incentive programs administered through region office.
- Process and track invoices, run invoice reports upon request, assist with retrieving receivables and/or collection of data, and administer office journal entries for expenses.
- Provide phone coverage for department, greet visitors, receive and distribute mail, and provide office management support to include housekeeping, supplies, facility repairs, and communication with landlord as needed.
- Assist with functional projects, meetings, events, newsletters, reports, etc.
- Generate and use AS400 system and web-based reports such as, FleetNet and Oracle financial reports for specific region office processes.
- 3-5 years of administrative support experience supporting officer level leadership.
- High School required; some college is helpful as additional education provides broader perspectives, and provides additional functional expertise that can be applied on the job.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, attention to detail, and able to anticipate needs.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office suites, specifically word, excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher a plus.
- Must show experience handling multiple tasks and ability to redirect focus as necessary.
- Willing to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.