McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Provides analytical and specialized administrative support to the Northeast Region’s Senior Vice President, while providing general administrative support to other members of the Northeast Region’s senior leadership team.
- Job / Technical Knowledge - Demonstrates appropriate level of understanding of relevant job knowledge. Consistently expands job knowledge and keeps abreast of new developments in the business.
- Adaptability - Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Business Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals and objectives.
- Communication - Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Planning and Organizing – Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Results Orientation and Energy - Demonstrates personal commitment to set and meet or exceed high standards and objectives. Routinely completes tasks efficiently. Accepts responsibility for results.
- Mature Confidence and Integrity - Demonstrates self-awareness, and manages his/her emotions in the face of high pressure / controversy while staying focused on larger goals. Welcomes and incorporates feedback on performance and behavior.
- Provides analytical and specialized administrative support to assist with and relieve executives of complex details and advanced administrative duties.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action.
- Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties.
- Contacts company personnel at all levels to gather information and prepare reports.
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and outside individuals.
- Prepares presentation materials.
- Makes high level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Responsible for extensive calendaring, off-site meeting planning, travel arrangements, and other core administrative tasks.
- Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties.
- Prepares and processes expense reports, may review and approve expense reports submitted to the department by direct reports of executive.
- Manages special projects on behalf of the department.
- Outlines drafts and finalizes correspondence and management reports.
- Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Other duties as assigned.
8+ years advanced administrative support experience working with senior level executives within and outside the company, customers, visitors, and other dignitaries.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of company operations.
- Ability to anticipate activities and take proactive action with little or no direction.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with demanding or competing deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- The ability to use automated office equipment, follow difficult instructions, and maintain written records. Including spreadsheets. The ability to work under minimal direction, on multiple tasks with demanding timelines.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
- Advanced level computer skills with excellent command of all Microsoft Office applications.
- Uses discretion and maintains high level of confidentiality.
HS Diploma, Vocational Training, Professional Certification or Equivalent. An AA degree is preferred.
- Ability to work in an office environment with general office demands.
- Ability to travel throughout network / country.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
A little about us:
McKesson is in business for better health.