Job Location: Cary, NC
This position supporting our Global Technology Organization seeks a self-motivated, ambitious, and energetic individual to provide administrative support for a Senior Vice President with additional support as needed to other members of the senior leadership team.
- Scheduling and maintaining complex calendars of appointments and meetings and coordinating related arrangements.
- Coordinating and managing travel itineraries and arrangements.
- Screening calls, answering questions and directing more complex inquiries to the appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
- Completing and submitting expense reports on a timely and accurate basis.
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of various reports and presentation materials.
- Proactively preparing leaders for meetings, anticipating needs of the team on a daily basis.
- Maintaining attendance and timekeeping records.
- Serving as the business continuity coordinator and controlling access to departmental share drives.
- Creating and managing files.
- Prioritizing and managing multiple assignments, following through on issues promptly and effectively.
- Coordinating and managing departmental recognition events
- Providing other general administrative assistance and support as necessary.
- High School Diploma with 5+ years working as an Administrative Assistant
- Strong capacity to manage own performance independently and effectively, exhibiting excellent time management, strong organization and detail orientation.
- Proven sense of urgency, with the ability to identify and articulate issues, offer solutions and follow-through to resolution.
- Demonstrated tact, capacity for discreetly handling sensitive and confidential information and ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- High collaboration and team focus, with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-centric orientation focused on anticipating & meeting internal & external partner needs.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, including the ability to draft well-written correspondence.
- Proficiency in Outlook calendaring, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working with C suite executives in a large enterprise environment preferred
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 47301
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.