Job Location: United States : Illinois : Chicago
Reporting directly to the VP- National Account Sales, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the VP including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the VP, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the VP's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the VP, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the VP's ability to effectively lead the business
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a corporate setting but preferably 5+ years
- Strong computer and Internet research skills,
- Strong project management/coordination experience
- Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
- Intermediate or greater level of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint proficiency
- Experience working in a fast-paced, matrix organization
- Must have a polished demeanor and ability to work with people at all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors
- Ability to provide high quality, consistent services to the various leaders within the department
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects and deadlines simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication and grammatical skills
Americas – Group Benefits
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”