The Prudential Law Department seeks a highly skilled and motivated individual for the position of Executive Assistant to provide primary support to the Chief Legal Officer ("principal") supporting the Private Placement Section of the Law Department. This position is based in Chicago, Illinois and is a full-time, permanent position.
In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and overseeing many administrative activities for the Private Placement Law Section. The candidate should take ownership of and independently manage:
· Add new documents, scan documents as needed.
· Assist attorneys with locating documents within the database.
· Process outside counsel invoices; maintain organized file copies for future reference.
· Track and report on outside counsel costs.
· Prepare monthly accruals of outside counsel costs.
· File and maintain transaction closing documentation.
· Review existing filing system for principal.
· If requested, develop new, more efficient filing system.
· Purge old files, re-organize files, re-label files.
· Manage matters; create new matters.
· Enter time.
· Run reports on internal time, outside counsel costs, etc.
· Act as liaison to business units. Expedite urgent requests for principal’s time; handle, with tact, non-urgent requests; funnel requests for document review; manage flow of all office functions.
· Track due dates and ensure completion of certain administrative tasks by working with principal, i.e. objectives, individual development plans, reviews, financial reporting and certification process, etc.
· Serve as one of the technology coordinators for group. Address any technology problems within group. Follow through to resolution.
· Anticipate needs of principals. Work independently and exercise judgment and decision-making when necessary.
· Provide guidance to Private Placement Law Section’s executive assistants and host periodic calls with Private Placement Law Section executive assistants.
· Prepare travel schedules, book flights, hotels and vehicles as appropriate and proactively prompt and obtain necessary detail to schedule and arrange future travel.