Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support for Brighthouse Financial. Responsibilities include: scheduling meetings using Outlook, making travel arrangements (which may include international travel) as well as preparing and submitting subsequent employee expense reimbursements, typing letters, memoranda and reports using PC programs and software. Organizes and prioritizes incoming mail, maintains file call-up systems and databases. Maintains attendance records for the department. Answers telephone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments, etc. Assembles and collates materials for distribution.
- Scheduling and maintaining calendars including appointments and meetings. Coordinating calendars of multiple individuals to avoid conflicts and find appropriate times for meetings with internal and external associates, vendors and their assistants.
- Scheduling travel to/from business trips including airfare, hotels, car service etc. and taking initiative to collect receipts and submit reimbursement requests promptly.
- Drafting and revising correspondence and assisting with the preparation and distribution of various reports and presentation materials including aggregating materials and formatting.
- Work collaboratively with the other executive administrative assistant’s within the business.
- Answers telephones, directs inquiries as appropriate, routes call to appropriate party for prompt and efficient resolution.
- Manages a wide range of administrative support tasks and provides general administrative assistance as necessary.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects for the team and follow through on issues promptly and effectively.
- Coordinates department's administrative activities; may recommend improvements to administrative procedures.
- Maintains documents and records following administrative policies.
- BA/BS preferred or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of administrative experience.
- Strong capacity to manage own performance independently and effectively, exhibiting excellent time management, strong organization and detail orientation.
- Proven sense of urgency, with the ability to identify and articulate issues, offer solutions and follow-through to resolution.
- Demonstrate tact, capacity for discreetly handling sensitive and confidential information and ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Highly collaborative and team focus, with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-centric orientation focused on anticipating and meeting internal partner and external customer needs.
- Solid oral and written communications skills, including the ability to draft well-written correspondence.
- Strong software knowledge including all Microsoft Office programs.
Americas - Retail – Information Technology