Job Location: United States : Massachusetts : Boston
** A candidate for this position has already been identified **
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The associate will provide administrative support to the Products, Funds and Investments Group in the Boston office of Brighthouse Financial. The associate will be joining a team of professionals who are responsible for providing legal support to the Brighthouse Funds, Brighthouse Advisers as well as support for the registration of insurance products with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Responsibilities include: scheduling meetings using Outlook, making travel arrangements, preparing and submitting subsequent employee expense reimbursements, typing letters, memoranda and reports using PC programs and software; maintaining attendance records for the group; organizing incoming and outgoing mail; assisting with the preparation of Brighthouse Funds Board materials as well as assisting with certain aspects of product registration statements.
- Scheduling and maintaining calendars including appointments and meetings. Coordinating calendars of multiple individuals to avoid conflicts and find appropriate times and venues for meetings.
- Scheduling travel to/from business trips including airfare, hotels, car service etc. and taking initiative to collect receipts and submit reimbursement requests.
- Drafting and revising correspondence and assisting with the preparation and distribution of various reports and presentation materials including aggregating materials and formatting.
- Answers telephones, directs inquiries as appropriate, routes call to appropriate party for prompt and efficient resolution.
- Manages a wide range of administrative support tasks and provides general administrative assistance as necessary.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects for the team and follow through on issues.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Assist in gathering, assembling, tracking and distributing materials related to the Brighthouse Funds annual 15(c) contract review, Board of Director meetings as well as meetings with Brighthouse Advisers and numerous sub-advisers.
- Assist in the gathering, assembling, tracking and distribution of materials related to preparation and maintenance of insurance product registration statements which involves interaction with internal and external business, auditor and legal groups.
5+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant
Experience working with DEEM
Experience with Oracle
Preferred Competencies, Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong capacity to manage own performance independently and effectively, exhibiting excellent time management, strong organization and detail orientation.
- Proven sense of urgency, with the ability to identify and articulate issues, offer solutions and follow-through to resolution.
- Demonstrate tact, capacity for discreetly handling sensitive and confidential information and ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Highly collaborative and team focus, with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Customer-centric orientation focused on anticipating and meeting internal partner and external customer needs.
- Strong software knowledge including all Microsoft Office programs.