Corporate Business Innovations
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Executive Assistant, CEO GE Ventures & Healthymagination
Administration and Support
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
This role will provide a full range of executive administrative support to the CEO of GE Ventures & healthymagination, including the opportunity to travel with the CEO as needed. The Executive Assistant will interface with all levels of General Electric, including the senior leadership team, as well as externally with company boards and executive teams.
Individual should have a global mindset and be adept at working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment, acting with tact and diplomacy. This opportunity is for a driven and capable individual, who views no task too big or too small and thrives in the VC atmosphere.
In this role, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for:
* Scheduling: Detailed tracking and categorizing of all incoming meeting requests. Extensive calendar management for CEO. Partner with the key members of the Senior Leadership Team to ensure requests are in line with CEO's goals
* Meeting Preparation: Organizing materials, compiling relevant information and coordinating presentations in conjunction with key members of the Senior Leadership Team. Should be knowledgeable and comfortable setting up meetings using Web Ex, video conference, conference call integration.
* Rapid re prioritization & confidentiality: Anticipating, identifying, analyzing and solving issues/conflicts independently and discretely. Ability to maintain security of highly confidential information. Discretion and confidentiality are a key requirement.
* Communication & Correspondence: Managing all types of daily correspondence to ensure professional, accurate and timely response and appropriate prioritization. Willingness and ability to write draft emails for the CEO to review and send. Comfort with various methods of communication: email, text, Slack, jabber/IM, phone.
* Travel Planning: Responsible for booking and preparing complex domestic and international travel itineraries for CEO and reconciliation of expense reimbursement/reporting according to T&L policy. Capacity to travel with CEO as needed.
* Just-in-time support: Willing to provide administrative support during off hours, including weekends
* Project management: Preparing PowerPoint presentations & Excel spreadsheets as needed. Special projects as required.
* Organization and maintenance: maintain extensive external and internal contacts within Outlook, maintain system for updating. Comfort with using collaboration tools for organization, such as Box, to store files and manage version control on files.
* Back-up: Act as a back-up for general office support administration if needed. This includes but is not limited to telephone coverage, mail processing & distribution, file set-up & maintenance, ordering office supplies and equipment.
* Vendor/Contract Management: Ensure invoices and purchase orders are processed with the appropriate GE sourcing contacts, partner with EA team members to troubleshoot as needed; on occasion, this person will act as a liaison with Sourcing and Finance to ensure bills are paid accurately and on time.
* High school diploma, college degree preferred
* Minimum 10-15 years experience as executive assistant, supporting C-level executives
* Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Strong PowerPoint skills; familiarity with video conferencing and scanning
* Excellent administrative, organizational and professional communication skills (verbal and written)
* Demonstrated ability to balance workload under short deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated success working in a high performing team environment
* Extreme attention to detail, follow up, highly organized
* Ability to ensure security of confidential information - discretion and confidentiality required
MUST submit application for employment through COS (internal candidates) or www.gecareers.com (external candidates) to be considered for this position.
MUST have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
MUST be at least 18 years of age.
MUST be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check.
MUST be willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
MUST be willing to work out of the Menlo Park, CA office
For U.S. employment opportunities, GE hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. GE will require proof of work authorization.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree
* Familiarity with GE business operating rhythm and processes
* Experience working in a multi-national corporate environment
* Experience working in a venture capital or private equity firm
* Experience with a global company
* Demonstrated professional interpersonal skills - high level of motivation, integrity, self-confidence and ability to take initiative.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Collaborative team player with proactive approach
* Ability to travel 20% of the time
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.