With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
To provide administrative and secretarial support to executives; keeping them organized by maintaining daily calendars; managing and organizing workflow; scheduling meeting and travel accommodations; trouble shooting and providing a resource of knowledge of the company and its organization to all levels of management. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Perform administrative assignments for members of the Senior Management team.
- Draft, type, proofread, and edit correspondences, reports, memos, logs and other forms of internal and external records and communications, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Gather information and run reports as necessary for the VP/GM and Directors.
- Maintain daily calendars for meetings and events.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, luncheons, conferences, presentations, and presentation equipment. Handle all details such as overhead projector and computer equipment, speaker phone, conference calls, reserving meeting rooms, inspecting offsite meetings and lodging facilities, and planning refreshments or menu selections.
- Schedule both domestic and international travel and lodging arrangements, making sure that itineraries are well thought out and problem free and necessary arrangements are made for car rental, shuttles, buses, etc.
- Create presentations and reports for departmental and communication meetings.
- Send and distribute faxes, copy, mail and file various departmental and company documents. Order and maintain office supplies as needed.
- Screen incoming telephone calls and sort and distribute mail.
- Provide backup to other administrative members of the department for lunch breaks, sick leave and vacation.
- Update department organizational charts on a monthly basis.
- Compile statistical data for management.
- Establish and maintain confidential files and records which also includes a follow-up file to ensure actions are completed.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Office procedures and practices.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and provide positive customer service to them.
- Departmental and company policies and administrative procedures.
- Business correspondence writing methods.
- Excellent English grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage.
- Strong computer skills, especially word processing, database, presentation and spreadsheet software applications programs.
- Advanced use and knowledge of entire MS Office Suite software and Internet.
- Working knowledge of videoconferencing set up, use, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to accurately record or transcribe minutes from meetings.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including calculator and telecommunications devices.
- Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with all levels of staff, management, departmental representatives, vendors, contractors and the general public.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities simultaneously in an efficient manner.
- Ability to research, draft and compile records, reports, and communications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of private company information.
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions with little or no direction.
- Ability to conduct and present oneself in a professional manner is required.
- Minimum of five or more years of administrative support experience.
- Educational attainment equivalent to graduation from high school, supplemented by specialized course work or training n the use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software application programs.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects, take initiative and work independently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.