If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions - join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As an Executive Assistant in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
• Responsible for providing broad administrative, coordination and project support to the leader of the Oncology IO organization.
• This includes exercising independent judgment in determination of priorities related to managing the leader's calendar, travel schedule and correspondence.
• The Executive Assistant is highly visible, and must be able to engage effectively at all levels of the organization.
• As a member of the administrative support community, he/she is responsible for providing back-up support and other assistance to other administrative staff, including training, and for contributing actively to the on-going development and implementation of shared practices.
• Manage complex executive calendars to schedule meetings, conference calls, and special events; including exercising discretion as to priority and decision making responsibility.
• Handle telephone calls, including screening incoming calls, mail disposition, multi-location domestic and international travel arrangements, and time/expense reports with accuracy and efficiency, including follow-through to ensure that appropriate and timely actions are taken.
• Act as informed deputy in dealing with internal and external "clients" on behalf of supervisor; interacts effectively with, and caters to, external visitors (high level, VIPs).
• Communicates on behalf of the supervisor, including following up and clarifying work assignments.
• Produce accurate, properly formatted documents, PowerPoint projects, and reports under normally tight time constraints.
• Prepare meeting agendas, presentation materials and minutes.
• Prepare and edit correspondence and general communications for MLT member review.
• Draft or substantially edit materials or correspondence that frequently involves the use of technical terminology and statistical data from a rough form (such as dictation or general instructions) into final form.
• Apply knowledge of MedImmune processes and systems.
• As appropriate, provide seamless coverage/assistance in the executive suite
• Effectively manage special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements for Education & Experience:
• 8+ years of administrative support experience including at least 2 years at the executive support level required.
• Previous experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology firm is desired.
• H.S. diploma required; college degree preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Must have strong writing and communication skills, and the ability to interact confidently with executives and employees at all levels.
• Able to prioritize time sensitive assignments
• Should be able to work autonomously, and at the same time, collaborate and partner effectively with other members of the administrative support community.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, in person and in writing.
• Flexible to adapt to ever changing needs and deadlines.
• Must be able to effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
• Must be able to demonstrate tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish the objectives.
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.