Executive Assistant - Redwood City, CA
Posted: November 05, 2016
Reference ID: 1600183Y
The Executive Assistant will be based at Oracle headquarters office and will provide administrative and clerical support for an Executive.
• Ability to hold a 40 hour a week full time work-in-the-office job.
• Reliable, Good communications skills, Discreet ,and Trustworthy
• Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is needed in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
• Follows standard practice and procedure.
• Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
• ~50% of time will be spent providing administrative support to relieve managers and staff of administrative details, including setting up conference calls, video conferences, and connecting the participants.
• 30-40% of time will be spent performing clerical duties: arranging meetings, maintaining calendars, taking messages, maintaining contact files, filing, copying, faxing.
• 10-20% of time will be spent on special projects.
• Duties include processing and tracking of purchase orders, expense reports and timecards.
• Arranges interviews and group events.
• Maintains organization charts and distribution lists.
• Creates spreadsheet models for forecasting.
• Implements space planning and group moves.
• Sets up new hire offices and works with facilities on office and lab space assignments
• Makes domestic/international relocation/travel arrangements. Tracks trips and deals with issues that arise.
• Arranges internal/external meetings and catering needs.
• Acts as an information source on organization policies and procedures.
• Works with other administrative personnel, builds network of colleagues to support and obtain support for work environment.
• 5 years of related experience.
• Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
• Positive and outgoing outlook
• Knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
• Proactive and resourceful.
• Proficient in desktop applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email messaging tools, etc.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent.
Erin Smith - email@example.com
Provides administrative/clerical support to a function, group or customer base. Supports an SVP or below.
Spends less than 20% of time providing administrative support to relieve managers and staff of administrative and clerical details. Spends more than 80% of time on special projects. Projects may include equipment management, training new hires on policies and procedures, project coordination and logistics, documentation and collateral coordination, liaison to Human Resources, create administration manuals. May participate in operational task forces. May analyze basic spreadsheet models and track projects.
Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative is needed in resolving problems and making recommendations. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Normally does not receive work instructions, may determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may supervise other administrative employees. Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment. Knowledge of spreadsheet applications. Demonstrated strong organizational skills. Proactive and resourceful. Self-motivated. Proficient in desktop applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email messaging tools, etc. BA/BS degree or equivalent. 2 - 4 years of related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.