Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Administrative
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1024072
Executive Assistant - Vice President of Growth and CEO Chief of Staff
What You'll Do
You will provide support for the Vice President of Growth and CEO Chief of Staff. You will be extremely proactive with a professional and approachable demeanor in all interactions; possess exceptional communication skills with all levels of staff, executives, customers, vendors; and demonstrate sound judgment and a high level of discretion.
• Calendar Management: Manages VP's calendar by prioritizing schedules and meetings. For example, may decide who gets on principal's calendar, what meetings are attended, and who can attend instead.
• Event Speaking Engagement Coordination: Manages a running list of VP's engagements and works closely with communications team to ensure content needs are understood and set in motion so VP is prepared for each engagement.
• Meeting Planning and organizations: Assists VP in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology based upon participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post meeting action item list.
• Travel Briefing Preparation: Create travel packs for domestic and international travel. This work includes combining all event information in addition to coordinated logistics of travel and also customer/team asks.
• Correspondence/Approvals: Supports VP by acting as proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answers general questions as necessary and refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure proper disposition. Takes initiative to resolve problems within specified policies and guidelines, and provides mentoring to administrative community members on problem solving. Determines when executive action is required and supplies a recommendation where appropriate.
• Travel: Responsible for making travel arrangements for VP. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while managing Cisco expenses.
• Special Projects: Provides analytical support to assist executive on special projects. Researches issues, analyzes problems, compiles data, and prepares reports.
• Large Corporate Events: Prepare and brief itinerary as well as accompany VP for large Corporate Events as necessary, where EA's are leveraged for executive support.
• Confidentiality: Candidate will deal professionally with sensitive and confidential matters and materials.
• Expenses - promptly capture and submit all expense reports; track approvals and reimbursement.
- Additional support provided to Sr. Directors on the team
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with sharp and strategic colleges that are driven by a shared purpose to move Cisco forward. Working cross functionally with the Executive Leadership team's administrators and VP's direct reports in a fun and supportive environment.
Who You Are
You have experience providing support at the VP level. You take initiative, can handle a full desk with ease and thrive in a busy environment.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
• 8+ years' experience in administrative environment. A minimum of 4 years of experience supporting a principal at the VP level.
• Outstanding track record of performance.
• Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
• Expert level knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Proven performance in a customer-facing, service-oriented role.
• San Jose presence
• Expert level knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to navigate web and email at high competency knowledge.
• Advanced desktop calendar management program.
• Generally determines own methods and procedures on new assignments, consulting with supervisor as appropriate.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients.
• Mentors new Executive Administrative Assistants and other administrators. Participates in a cross-functional EA network. Back-up support in absence of other EA's.
• Using considerable independent judgment and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations, determining when and if executive action is required and often supplies a recommendation where appropriate.
• Technical Knowledge of Desktop Applications.
• Teamwork. Champions Improvements. Doing More with Less. Solves Problems Makes Decisions. Demonstrates Leadership.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
#Cisco #CiscoCareers #ExecutiveAssistant #SanJose #CalendarManagement, kjame
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.