C+E Marketing is looking for a dynamic, fun, and energetic individual to provide stellar support for the General Manager of Integrated Marketing. This position requires the ability to take on a variety of roles, work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and show exquisite attention to detail.
To be successful, a viable candidate must have demonstrated ability to:
• Support GM in a fast-paced environment
• Be self-motivated, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, exercising sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity and professionalism at all times
• Possess an aptitude to work independently and be comfortable operating with ambiguity
• Multi-task and change direction in rapid response to a fluctuating work environment, and make timely decisions
• Possess solid project-management and problem-solving skills
• Prioritize among multiple projects with a positive attitude
• Anticipate and remove administrative roadblocks
• Achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Develop collaborative relationships with others who have a diverse set of working styles and perspectives
• Be an active member of the admin team, working on stretch goals, training and participating in all team meetings and all hands
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• GM Support
o Proactively manage GM’s calendar, making decisions to prioritize requests based on shifting business priorities, allocating appropriate amount of time, and ensuring that all meeting details are accurate
o Manage/coordinate domestic and international travel plans and agendas end-to-end, including management of all logistics and itineraries
o Work with business management and the executive office to set up meetings, morale events, rhythm of the business (ROB) activities and assist with projects as needed
o ROB calendar management
o Prepare and process expense reports
• Business Support
o Ensure compliance of administrative operational policies and procedures
o Process expense report approvals for team members
o Manage headcount, recruiting and onboarding activities
o Maintain and manage HeadTrax transactions for vendors, CSGs and FTEs
o Create and maintain org charts, distribution lists, office maps
o Manage CPH budget (T&E, Computer, Training, Morale dollars), ensuring appropriate spend and budget excellence
• Team Support
o Provide support to Integrated Marketing team, as needed
o General team support for All Hands, offsites and morale events (logistics such as room reservation and catering)
o Own and maintain space for broader team
• New employee setup
o Procurement of goods and services, including computer equipment, office supplies, reference materials and facilities requests
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft productivity software, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, OneNote, Lync and SharePoint is required.
• A high level of experience with internal Microsoft tools such as HeadTrax, FIM, MSSpace, MSMarket, Assetlink, MyOrder, MSTravel and MSExpense is strongly desired.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
• The ability to maintain confidentiality is vital. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.