Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
The Executive Chef is responsible for all aspects of food production, food safety, and all other activities which support food quality and Operational Excellence.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to standards based on Aramark Higher Education Operation Excellence.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus.
- Ensure culinary equipment is properly operated and maintained.
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Assist in supervision of kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and initiating pay increases.
- Responsible for component menu planning, costing, and brand management.
- Ensure component compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
- Coordinate activities with other internal departments and participates in management team meetings.
- Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Ensure standard of 90/10 rule is met in kitchen.
- Must have minimum two-year culinary certificate from accredited school or have related experience such as apprenticeship.
- Minimum of 10 years kitchen experience, 2 within an Executive Chef role
- Experience within a high volume environment- minimum of 1000 meals per day
- Prior experience developing and leading sustainable and healthy dining programs
- Excellent presentation and culinary skills
- Proven ability to teach and coach others within the kitchen
- Experience as an Executive Chef or Sous Chef within managed dining services highly preferred
- ServSafe Certified.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.