Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Aramark Sports and Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve. We are currently seeking an Executive Chef for the Aramark operation at The MGM Grand. Responsibilities:
- Leadership position responsible for all culinary operations in a multi-million dollar complex comprised of restaurants, banquets, catering, concessions, and warehousing.
- Train, manage and develop culinary staff members.
- Partner with the Director of Operations, estimate food consumption, purchase food in a warehouse setting, manage vendor relationships, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Offer culinary instruction and demonstrate culinary techniques and consult with clients.
- Directly supervises the culinary staff with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, initiating pay increases and is responsible for the continuous development of the staff.
- The Executive Chef will report directly to the Aramark General Manager.
- Associates or related culinary degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 4-8 years of culinary management experience in a multi-unit environment including restaurants, concessions and a minimum of $3+ million in banquet/catering volume is required.
- Ability to manage simultaneous events and a large staff in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
- Previous experience with profit and loss accountability, control of food and labor cost, high banquet volume, menu development and pricing, vendor relations, and development of culinary team is required for both positions.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.