Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Denali National Park, Alaska
- Glacier Bay, Alaska
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Zephyr Cove Resort & Marinas, Nevada
- Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
- Togwotee Mountain Lodge, Wyoming
The Executive Chef will oversee the cunlinary team at Yosemite Valley Lodge. This position will be based in Yosemite National Park and has oversight over all food outlets at the Lodge. This includes the Food Court, Mountain Room Restaurant, Bar, and all weddings, banquets, and events hosted at the lodge. The Executive Chef will work closely with the Lodge leadership team to meet goals, objectives, and operation excellence. Responsibilities:
- Leadership position responsible for all culinary operations in a multi-unit, million dollar account comprised of restaurants, banquets, catering, concessions, and warehousing.
- Train, manage and develop Sous Chefs and culinary staff members.
- Partner with the Executive Steward, estimate food consumption, purchase food in a warehouse setting, manage vendor relationships, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, plan and price menus, ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- Offer culinary instruction and demonstrate culinary techniques and consult with clients.
- Directly supervises the culinary staff with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, initiating pay increases and is responsible for the continuous development of the staff.
- Lead culinary internship and development programs with hired staff.
- Maintain Operation Excellence in the kitchen and maintain a high level of cleanliness and food safety in the kitchen.
- Control quality of food, food costs, and waste program
- The Executive Chef will report directly to the Aramark General Manager.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Associates or related culinary degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 4-8 years of culinary management experience in a multi-unit environment including restaurants, concessions and in banquet/catering volume is required.
- Ability to manage simultaneous events and a large staff in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role.
- Previous experience with profit and loss accountability, control of food and labor cost, high banquet volume, menu development and pricing, vendor relations, and development of culinary team is required for both positions.
- Candidate must be willing to be hands on with staff and operations and be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
- Must have experience leading a team, and ability to teach and develope staff and interns.
- Able to assist team with changes and promote vision of the organization and lodge.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.