What you’ll be doing...
- Identifying, qualifying and driving to closure opportunities working with CIO and other C-level decision makers.
- Developing and executing on outcome based strategies across many vertical or territory markets. Involvement ranges from proposal development, developing SOWs through to the activity associated with managing the contract process to closure of the deal.
- Leveraging all solutions and resources to exceed customer value expectations. Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained by ensuring all projects are delivered with the highest degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Collaborate with all relevant security technology partners to maximize deal opportunity.
- Continually assess opportunities for additional business with new and existing customers.
- Work with Product Management and Marketing to understand upcoming enhancements to be able train customers and account teams.
- Maintain sales discipline and leverage a well thought out opportunity and or vertical management plan to allow for rapid delivery/development of account resulting in revenue contribution and sales opportunities that move through the process quickly.
- Anticipates future technology, marketplace trends and business evolution and integrates solutions into business strategy. Typically responsible for negotiating with senior leaders to influence business strategy and direction.
- Demonstrate leadership across organizations within Verizon and 3rd Party Partners to develop a homogenous solution to meet the desired end to end customer solution.
- Challenge the account teams to think outside of normal processes and should demonstrate leadership qualities within their own team.
- Required to work with regional legal department(s) to guide and lead the recommended solutions through contract negotiations in the interest of closing new business.
- Gather and consolidate market observations and market trends. This information will be used by product marketing to influence product development activities, features, roadmaps and pricing strategies.
- Works on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible factors. Exercises leadership and judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation of criteria for obtaining results. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Ensures that the established sales plans on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis for all established targets are met or exceeded. Generates enough activity within the sales plan to: ensure projected new sales are forecasted, builds a solid funnel per segment standards, and displays the ability to accurately forecast sales.
- Work with the Verizon Channel team members to drive indirect business through local and national partners. Work locally with strategic partners.
- Work with the dedicated Verizon Security Specialist to sell into their base of customers. This will require training the Security Specialists on how to position large scale security solutions.
- Work with the Client Services team to upsell existing clients.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree.
- 6+ years of experience in a related discipline such as technical sales, solutions selling, applications and virtualization, etc.
- Advanced skills to perform complex work for a functional area and general knowledge of other areas; independent thinking; full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and technologies.
- Experience in closing multi-million dollar managed services, professional services and outsourcing deals.
- Demonstrable experience in developing C-level relationships. Ability to demonstrate business acumen in presenting solutions on an ROI basis, strategies, successful penetration of new accounts, and building successful client relationships across an entire spectrum of buyers, influencers and C-Level decision makers across a broad spectrum of solutions.
- Strong written and oral skills, and ability to work in complex sales environments, utilizing resources across multiple organizations to achieve sales results.
- Expert in Professional and Managed Services. Be conversant in Global Service related topics, methodologies, industry trends, and core technologies.
- Can work independently or with account teams to find solutions to customer's business issues.
- Proven ability to engage at executive levels.
- Ability to quickly and effectively develop customer ready presentations and proposals with the help of the required support teams (standard and custom).
- Effectively manages communication and administrative activities through the delivery of high quality and informative content on any requested report or any deal specific updates requested by management.
- Ability to take creative, custom repeatable solutions, as well as upcoming products and feature enhancements, to account teams on a regular basis.
- Shown continued self-improvement and knowledge building in the product discipline to further understand and communicate industry and products.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.