McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Business Performance Services (BPS) is a leader in physician and hospital revenue cycle management, physician electronic health record and practice management system technology, and strategic consulting services. BPS offerings are uniquely designed to help physician groups, hospitals and health systems, accountable care organizations, labs, and emergency medical service providers improve efficiency and grow revenues while staying current with the latest regulatory requirements.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Executive Director manages an individual large account or clusters of A++ or A customers and is responsible for establishing a solid and trusted client relationship with assigned customer base. Develops and maintains positive client relations. In addition, the Executive Director drives the coordination with various functions within the company to ensure client requests are handled appropriately (i.e. within time and budget) while balancing client needs with company profitability. In particular, serves as McKesson's ambassador to ensure satisfaction of clients with McKesson services. Aligns and partners with the operations team to drive execution and establish priorities.
Location: Louisville, KY
■ Client Relationship/Management: 40%
• Appointed as key client liaison between the client and operations.
• Proactively manages client requests for additional information as it relates to: payer trends, system interfaces, compliance, coding, regulatory changes, and budget variance and cash flow.
• Builds client relationship through demonstrated understanding of client needs and changes in the market place.
• Stays abreast of internal and external changes to understand current and future state and provide value to the client.
• Suggests and manages implementation of client improvement opportunities to enable the most efficient workflows for the client’s account receivable
• Responsible for ensuring ongoing client information flow through both verbal and written communications.
• Partners with Executive Director, Client Management to reinforce the value of our services.
• Activates "Promoters" (NPS scores 9 or 10), to build client reference base and drive value.
• Manages complex contract renewals (may include request for change in scope of services or fees).
■ Client Business Reviews and Meetings: 15%
• Commands and leads regular business reviews for large and complex leadership teams and/or diverse board of director that require a high level of strategic planning and professionalism.
• Prepares agenda, handouts, and presentations to ensure all client needs are being met as it relates to: financial performance, current trends, future needs of the business, operational excellence, and metrics.
• Collaborates with operations and analysts to ensure proper information is reviewed and presented.
■ Practice Management: 15%
• Strategic advisor for the client/group and is trusted by the client and/or board of directors.
• As client contract dictates, maintains the practice’s managed care contract matrix and provides timely recommendations to maximize customer revenues.
■ Client Invoicing: 10%
• Reviews client invoice information to ensure accuracy prior to client receipt.
• Manages collections process of invoices wit McKesson's customers (DSO).
• Escalation point for customers and finance with respect to client invoicing delays and/or inaccuracies.
■ Revenue Cycle Analytics: 10%
• Uses data analytics tools to generate data.
• Prepares, interprets and provides detailed reports as needed.
• Identifies trends and recommends solutions to ensure maximum productivity and profitability.
■ Collaborates with other BU functions: 10%
• Works collaboratively across functions (especially operations) to ensure operational excellence and client satisfaction related to AR, payments, coding, customer service and all related services.
• Ensures mutual understanding of goals, objectives and action plans related to client’s revenue and book of business.
• Partners with sales (as requested) throughout the sales process.
8+ years healthcare management experience including large group healthcare practice experience required
Business Experience –10+ year’s healthcare practice management and medical billing experience.
Must be able to build and sustain strong, strategic client relationships with key stakeholders, C-suite executives and members of the Board of Directors (of the client).
Highly effective communicator (internally and externally) with regards to written and verbal skills. Also requires excellent presentation skills.
Excellent collaboration, organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions.
Proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Quickly recognizes complex or basic procedural issues and resolves with minimal escalations.
Superb critical thinking skills and demonstrated ability to apply basic concepts in new situations
Active member and participant in specialty specific trade association
Experience managing an Anesthesia practice preferred
Familiarity with managed care contract terms, negotiations, and marketplace is preferred.
Demonstrated project management skills.
Active member and participant in specialty specific trade association
BS degree or equivalent experience in Healthcare Practice Management or Medical Billing. Masters degree preferred
Up to 15% overnight travel required
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.