Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
MachineQis focused on building networks and a platform for connected things, which will enable a new approach to managing our businesses, our communities, and our lives. Our mission is to help organizations leverage the latest in sensor, network, and software technologies to gather, transmit, and create actionable intelligence from the physical world. From improving the customer experience to creating new revenue opportunities, organizations are transforming how they operate with Comcast's M2M & IoT services. As a "start-up" within a Fortune 50 company, the M2M & IoT business in uniquely positioned to leverage assets across Comcast's group of companies and brands, while at the same time remaining focused and agile to drive innovation in this emerging sector.
The Executive Director, Customer Operations is responsible for leading the strategic planning development for machineQ . This role will lead operations across various stages of product (including proof of concept, sourcing, manufacturing, and supply chain). Additionally this role will work closely with our engineering, product, research, and design teams. The Executive Director manages programs and projects to ensure effective and efficient internal operations and external affairs. Interfaces with all internal organizations, interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a deep customer focus and the ability to infuse creativity and collaboration into planning and implementation.
- Provides leadership and oversight for all day-to day operations and management of the Company.
- Oversees projects for environmental scans, organizational positioning analyses, and other studies related to Company's growth and profitability. Oversees business modeling and long-range financial planning.
- Oversees and manages all contract management and compliance.
- Produces accurate comprehensive financial reports and delivers to Vice President(s).
- Leads current and future Strategic Planning processes and designs, and implements strategic planning and business initiatives.
- Develops and implements program evaluation tools and processes.
- Develops strategy for environmental scans, organizational positioning analysis, and other studies relating to the Company's growth and profitability.
- Promotes transparent communication among management team.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master's Degree or Equivalent preferably within Business, Science, Technology, Engineering or related field.
- 14+ years related experience with excellent program and project management skills, including work prioritization, planning, and task delegation. Logistics and internal project experience is an added benefit!
- Demonstrated experience leading new product or start-up related projects where processes will need to be defined, implemented and iterated. Strong technical acumen.
- Demonstrated experience building high-performing teams which allows for seamless product delivery. Proven track record of successfully delivering high profile, high risk projects.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and experience managing a budget for larger scale business operations (including P&L and key metrics management).
- Advanced Excel and Data/Analytics Skills.
- Hands-on experience working with offshore manufacturers and concept-to-product experience
-*Must be able to travel 25% (which may include international travel).
- Ability to work in a faced paced, ever changing start-up environment.
- Excellent documentation, communication and presentation skills at the executive level.
- Strong leadership capabilities and operational experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer