This position is for a senior platform executive with a minimum of ten years of experience in Wealth Management responsible for the strategy, requirement process, delivery, and support of large scale financial advisor platforms. The candidate will manage a team comprised of both full time employees and contracted workers. The candidate must possess strong background in strategy, budgeting, business and systems requirements, control processes, project execution (including user acceptance), and be fluent in all phases of the development lifecycle. This position will work within Wealth Management and partner with all lines of business, initiative owners, operations, and technology to define cross organizational opportunities to improve the experience and efficiency for Advisor facing platforms at Morgan Stanley, including the desktop, statements, performance reporting, and CRM. A critical part of the role will be driving consistent, simplified experience and design across the platforms through coordination of multiple initiatives with a focus on improving overall efficiency.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate effective management of both internal and external resources, including contract engagements. A firm understanding of the Wealth Management business is critical to the success of this role.
Key accountabilities for this role include the following:
- Act as the cross organizational point of contact for the FA Platform team on critical enterprise initiatives that span multiple lines of business (including GBWM, Unify, NBA, Knowledge Management, NAO, and workflow redesign)
- Organizational contact and conduit to enterprise client data initiative
- Leadership and coordination of all initiatives as it relates to field and operational readiness, including communication and training specific to FA platforms
- Accountable for platform adoption (and associated metrics)
- Direct delivery of any special initiatives within the portfolio
- Oversight of the release management and UAT processes across the organization
- Development of standardized process for engagement in the legal, risk, compliance, and supervision processes. Acting as the liaison to those organizations
- Organizational leadership around the planning, budgeting, and resourcing of the teams
- Development of a cohesive future state vision for the advisor facing platforms that includes shared design and capability with the client website and other enterprise platforms
- Development and tracking of platforms priorities and management of the tech dev planning and budgeting process
- Direct ownership of the UAT process and resources
- Direct engagement with the field and various councils to facilitate discussion around the platforms, user needs, upcoming deliverables, and future priorities
Tenured professional with significant experience in Wealth Management and project implementation
- Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Demonstrated Team Management and experience working with all levels of Senior Management
- Must possess Financial Services industry experience, knowledge of industry trends, competitive advantages, and brokerage product offerings
- Knowledge of software and web development process
- Strong strategic planning, finance, conceptual design, collaborative, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management within the organization.
- Strong Coach/Player skills in leading a team of professionals
- Strong process management skills; dedication to detail and deadlines
- Motivation for continuous improvement and ability to lead and motivate others
- Resilience under pressure and flexibility
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.