Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm's books and records, and by contributing to firmwide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
Background on the Position
In this role the incumbent will be responsible with supporting the Tech CFO directly by overseeing the accuracy of financial and management reporting of actuals, budgets and forecasts, including both operational and capital project planning and related accounting. Must have strong presentation skills and be comfortable leading meetings independently, excellent communication skills, must be organized and prepared. The candidate must have strong ability to work cross-organizationally improving existing processes and must have ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
- Assists CFO to in developing plan targets, overseeing operating and capital budgets; reviews, tracks and aggregates budgets/forecasts
- Provide comprehensive financial advice and expertise; financial management support, including strategic and tactical business decision support and translating data into actionable financial information in order to drive improved performance
- Ability to review business plans and challenge assumptions to support the reasonableness of the plans from a financial perspective
- Monitors actual expenses on a monthly and annual basis; ensures that the comparative analyses prepared by controllers illustrates business performance
- Will be responsible for preparing comprehensive monthly estimation process for Tech
- Ensures monthly reporting is accurate, delivered in a timely manner and provides crisp, business driven insight into the financials
- Participates in the preparation, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of the Tech planning process
- Plays a significant role in Multi-Year Planning process and ensures all relevant inputs are accurately reflected and the Plan is delivered and analyzed in a timely manner
- Ensures major Tech initiatives are properly reflected in the Multi Year Plan
- Manages the analysis and reporting of statistical data regarding budget costs, actual expenses, current forecasts and other performance indicators
- Create a process to track major Tech programs on MYP basis from both the cash and fiscal perspective to monitor projected savings
- Coordinates and executes special projects as needed
- Ensures monthly allocations to the Business are analyzed and any issues highlighted and resolved
- Looks for opportunities to improve or streamline existing processes/reporting
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or MIS, with 15 years of experience in IT Finance or FP&A
- Knowledge and understanding of IT Finance or IT Business Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate finance technology concepts
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, work well in a demanding dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- Project management skills; financial/budget management
- Ability to work with colleagues in multiple time zones
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Ability to communicate to senior level executives
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
- Strong Excel/Access skills and ability to manipulate large volumes of data to provide meaningful insight into financials
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.