- Acts as a trusted advisor to agents/producers.
- Creates demand and enables agents/producers to maximize the flow of desirable business to meet or exceed Hartford financial goals in the territory
- Models disciplined sales process and ensures consistent execution of Sales Excellence principles.
- Demonstrates above average understanding of an assigned territory, including the right number and mix of agents/producers who have the market opportunity to meet Sales Rep territorial financial objectives. Builds and maintains strong relationships with agents/producers in an assigned territory to meet or exceed the financial objectives for that territory.
- Exhibits superior knowledge of industry practices, market conditions and competitor information to position the agency to maximize business development. Aligns Hartford strategies and support (tools, initiatives, resources) to continually increase market share.
- Enables agents/producers to maximize their revenue through the sale of Hartford products and services by providing tools and information that differentiates The Hartford and its overall value proposition from competitors.
- Exercises discipline and focus around flow management to ensure adequate flow and acceptable mix of business to meet agency and company growth and profit objectives.
- Creates call plans to prioritize and leverage agency contact and activity to ensure sustainable flow of desired business.
- Builds actionable Agency Sales Plans that align with Hartford financial objectives for growth, retention and profit. Utilize data tools to monitor plan results, communicate, and implement actions.
- Exhibits superior understanding of each assigned agent, leveraging key relationships and resources which maximize production opportunities in the marketplace and agency.
- Effectively manages multiple, projects, initiatives and developing/mentoring of others while consistently delivering territory sales results .
Behaviors at the Hartford
- College degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years' experience in personal insurance sales/marketing, underwriting or related industry experience
- Advanced market, product knowledge and sales skills
- Ability to conduct a virtual sales call and agency training.
- Technologically savvy (e.g. Microsoft tools such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to lead projects, coach and mentor others across the enterprise
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD