Provides Medical leadership, medical strategic planning, resourcing, as well as scientific, medical and clinical oversight in support of medical, payer and patient access strategies for the products within the specific therapeutic area. Leads medical team responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of medical affairs research strategies (including post-approval investigator initiated research, phase 3b/4 and outcomes research) and medical & scientific communication platform(s) for assigned product portfolio, Provides medical input into the long-term vision and growth strategies for the products within the related portfolio of the TPUSA Business Unit. ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Lead US Medical Office Therapeutic group, including medical directors and matrix team(s). Responsible for direct line managing of medical directors and other direct reports as required.
- Lead and direct the medical responsibilities by providing scientific insight and development of strategy for the given products within assigned portfolio by leading, or actively participating in cross functional teams to realize Takeda's overall vision.
- Serve as US Medical Office medical and scientific expert for products within assigned therapeutic area and represent US medical affairs on governance committees as appropriate
- Work within the US Medical matrix organization and is ultimately accountable for all medical affairs strategic and execution deliverables for all products in assigned portfolio
- Form integrated partnerships with the corresponding US business Unit and the TPUSA Managed Market Organizations
- Interact internally with and support Alliance Management, Business Development, Government Affairs, Managed Markets and Marketing & Sales
- Form integrated partnerships with R&D therapeutic area(s), providing US Healthcare system medical insights into ongoing and planned development programs
- Interact internally with senior level management requiring negotiation to guide the overall activities of the specific product(s) and therapeutic area.
- Develop and maintain relationships externally through Advisory Boards, Professional Associations and Meetings. Trade Exhibits etc. to achieve Takeda's scientific objectives
- Manage the Medical Affairs budget for assigned products within theUS Medical Office therapeutic area
- Provide oversight medical review, direction, and sign off of promotional pieces processed to the DDMAC Regulatory Affairs committee.
- Provides scientific leadership in guidance of strategy development for products/therapeutic area.
- Lead the publications strategy by providing scientific and publication plan input.
- When requested, provide input to confidential New Business Development opportunities within the therapeutic area of expertise of the director.
- Provide support for departmental initiatives that further our business
- MD degree with either industry or academic research experience; or equivalent combination of experience
- 10 plus years of experience
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress presentations, and public speaking
- Board certification in therapeutic area related to the position.
- Life cycle management experience
Maintain minimum standards of education/certification in individual professional discipline
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. Schedule
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.