We are building a culture of collaboration and are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Executive Producer to join our team in the San Diego area. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking worlds and player experiences, then this may be the position you've been waiting for! Executive Producer
The Executive Producer should have extensive experience with console and PC game development processes for products which are online multiplayer and run GAAS. This individual must be a leader as well as a team player, highly organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented with great follow-through skills and the ability to prioritize and manage large complex organizational and executional issues. Superior strategic, operational, and verbal/written communication skills are a must.
The Executive Producer will ensure that milestones are delivered on-time, on-budget and complete as per the approved Development plan, and that the approved submissions maintain a high standard of quality and brand integrity. Your Mission:
- Create, maintain and enforce overall project plan containing all key milestones and associated deliverables in conjunction with production staff and project leads.
- Craft, monitor and maintain development team structure and staffing needs.
- Work with department managers on establishing key constraints and goals for production and maintenance of key project documentation.
- Regular risk assessment of project plan, performing revision of goals, budget, quality, schedule, estimates and resources where appropriate.
- Hit all required ship dates.
Production Team Management
- Provide management and leadership to production team while tracking game development.
- Create and maintain production schedules based on overall project plan.
- Enforce formal checks and balances to identify risk.
- Oversee regular milestone and project goal reviews.
- Regularly explore opportunities to improve team wide efficiency in tools, general practices and communication pipelines.
- Manage, coach and develop production staff to ensure growth and expand the talent base.
- Facilitate and enforce effective communication channels between discipline leads.
- Mentor team leads on critical thinking, time management, communication, delegation and risk assessment skills.
- Establish regular practices and tools for departmental quality control.
- Arbitrate conflict resolution on cross-departmental goals and dependencies.
- Lead studio-wide communications and updates
- Create a culture that provides continuous feedback, support and empowerment; foster positive working relationships with an emphasis on communication
- Establish and be accountable for high-level project goals.
- Maintain awareness of competitive titles, features and technology within the industry.
- Prioritize, balance high level publisher expectations against resource constraints.
- Enforce objective quality control assessment and practices.
- Achieve quality targets for title.
- Partner with Publishing Production Team on reporting, project direction and communicate regularly with Publishing's executive leadership team.
- Regular synchronization on key project quality expectations and marketing goals.
- In collaboration with senior studio management, work within high-level budget and resource constraints.
- Collaborate on project milestone planning in line with key publisher/marketing deliverables.
- Partner and collaborate with Studio Heads on day-to-day studio operations.
- Oversee QA Manager and QA department.
- Interface with corporate finance, facilities and IT as needed.
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- 10 years' experience in console video-game game production; at least three AAA console game shipped at a Senior Producer. At least one AAA, Gen-8 title shipped.
- Game Development experience, through an entire product's development from Concept to Street.
- A strong background and understanding of multi-platform video game production preferred.
- Knowledge of Perforce, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Practical experience in setting, guiding and evaluating multiple styles of production processes.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of MS Project a plus.
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.