The Executive Producer – Long Form Programming will conceptualize, plan, manage and execute long form magazine show programs for the Austin local news network. The ideal candidate with be a creative problem solver, culture innovator, and will have the ability to lead large, diverse teams in various locations with a collaborative approach. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience creating original content for multi-platform and documentaries.
- Create, shoot and edit magazine show, develop and execute original content, and in-studio interviews.
- Develop, coordinate and execute coverage plans for long form and original programming.
- Must have experience running investigative team.
- Must have documentary experience.
- Supervise weekly special long form programming.
- Ensure reports produced are relevant to Austin, TX.
- Guide communication and content distribution of editorial materials across regional networks.
- Supervise Producers and Shooters.
- Coordinate and partner across departments in creation of promotional and digital materials in support of original programs as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 7-10 years experience producing long form and magazine news pieces.
- 7-10 years experience in multiplatform content creation and development including web, mobile, Radio, TV and VOD.
- 7-1 0 years show budget expertise.
- 5-7 years demonstrated experience in creating content that creates audience growth, revenue streams and/or high impact television.
- 5-7 years experience in documentary and newsmagazine production.
- 5-7 years experience coaching and mentoring talent.
- Ability to shoot/edit on Premier highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring talent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, leadership skills, news judgment, computer skills, and ability to make decisions and work under pressure.
- Familiarity with the local market is critical for success in this role.
- Must have ability handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with emphasis on journalism and/or communications.
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.