Mission & Service Gavin de Becker & Associates
is a dynamic security firm innovating threat assessment and public figure protection. Our mission aims to protect and enhance the lives of those we serve. From media figures and transnational corporations to universities and women's shelters, GDBA stands on the front line of the assessment, prediction, and management of violence.
Gavin de Becker & Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
- Demonstrated exceptional results in a close protection (field security) role, including managing logistics, advancing locations, secure transportation, as well as public appearances.
- Comfortable with international travel and in possession of a valid passport.
- Professional and friendly communication style, as well as strong influencing skills.
- Expert-level knowledge in Just 2 Seconds tactical strategies.
- Previous estate security experience, including remote monitoring, access control, physical security, emergency response, as well as security protocol implementation.
- Exercises sound operational judgment, as well as flexibility to shifting priorities and challenges.
- Drug and nicotine-free; associates are required to participate in ongoing drug and nicotine screenings for the duration of their employment at GDBA.
- Physically fit; candidates must at least meet minimum physical requirements to be considered for this opening.
- Must be able to pass our pre-employment background investigation.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Possesses a LEOSA/HR218 Firearm Qualification or NY CCW.
- Working knowledge of basic IT troubleshooting.
- Previous law enforcement experience, including service with military units such as NCIS, AF OSI, Army CID, or USMC CID.
- Previous experience in elite military units trained at a higher combat and logistical intensity; preferred work with QRF units, Bristish Royal Marines, Army Green Berets, Army Rangers, USMC FAST, USAF Special Forces, etc.
Field Security Specialists are assigned to dynamic details, involving the highest level of protective security - not fixed at a particular site but focused on a specific protectee(s). These specialists must be able to adapt to a mobile security unit, involving advanced site surveys, domestic and international travel, secure ground transportation, and public appearances.
Specialists are responsible for enhancing safety and security by remaining alert at all times. They also play a crucial role in adding comfort and convenience to the lives of those they serve.
Field Security & Rapid Response
- Provide protective coverage for at-risk Public Figure clients domestically and internationally.
- Perform at a high-level of logistical readiness, prepared to quickly respond to security challenges in a variable environment.
- Conduct advanced surveys of physical locations.
- Implement emergency action plans responding to security breaches, natural disasters, power outages, and medical emergencies.
- Serve as a primary liaison to threat assessment teams for incidents that may escalate to violence, including difficult terminations, public demonstrations, and other threat assessment casework.
- Must be able to maintain physical readiness to respond to an attack or hazard at all times.
- Maintain physical fitness to stand on your feet for several hours without a break, provide protective coverage during physically taxing activities including running, as well as maintain long schedules in the field.