We are looking for an Executive Recruiter who has experience identifying and engaging with senior executives to fill top level roles at Microsoft. This position encompasses all stages of the hiring process - from partnering with executive management on position definition, search strategy and candidate requirements, to developing sourcing strategies to target and assess top executive talent. It also focuses on long-term talent pipelining for future needs.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Partnering with executives, other members of the HR community, as well as team colleagues to determine the current and future executive recruiting needs.
• Developing and executing on candidate generation strategies and building a pipeline of diverse executive talent, including directly sourcing candidates.
• Qualifying, screening and interviewing prospective candidates.
• Performing scrupulous research, industry calibration, and reference checking.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success developing and executing senior level hiring plans within the technology industry, with evidence of the following experience:
• Establishing, cultivating and maintaining solid working relationships with executives - both within Microsoft as well as externally - as well as team members, other internal recruiting partners and HR business partners.
• Maintaining in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of top executives, companies, and competitive industries, and a strong grasp of industry trends, geographical/social/political climates, and other external factors that impact the talent landscape.
• Upholding strict confidentiality about available positions, candidates, and other sensitive information.
• Establishing and mentoring others on effective executive search methodology and best practices.
• Simultaneously managing multiple projects in a large, fast-paced, complex environment.
• BA/BS degree plus 10 years of related business experience (at least 5 years as an executive recruiter).
• Proven success in building credibility with executive level hiring managers and utilizing deep external talent market knowledge to consult with and influence their talent strategy.
• Proven success in building influential relationships with diverse executive candidates, and experience placing senior level executives within the technology industry.
• Ability to understand, articulate, and document a hiring manager’s stated requirements, and formulate a clear value proposition that will attract the caliber of candidate we need to meet those requirements.
• Proven ability to assess external executive candidates for capability to perform the role, as well as leadership competencies, culture fit and other compatibility issues that are critical to success.
• Understanding of executive compensation and the ability to analyze compensation packages
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and presentation skills.
• The ability to communicate with and influence senior executives is essential.
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills are necessary, as well as strong competency in strategic thinking.
• Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, ability to influence and consult with executives, and strong people and business acumen are essential.
• Strong skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and candidate databases are also needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.